Just Found Some Audio Stuff

VJZ

I have a 1992 SC300 automatic.

I went to a junk yard last week that had a 92 SC400 with no heated seats or traction control.

It had the stock Pioneer head unit in the car. I bought that radio.

Then, yesterday, I found one at another yard: a fully loaded 1995 or 96 SC400 that had a Nakamichi system.

I bought that radio.

Last night I started tinkering with the radios.

My car came with a cheap Sony head unit installed by Best Buy before I bought the car. When I tried first plugging the Pioneer one in only two of the plugs plugged in.

The Nak was the same way.

Posted below are some pictures of the four plugs that should go to the radios. The blue one and one of the white ones.

Why wont even the 92 Pioneer radio hook up? Are there additional wiring harnesses that I need?

Thanks

f_wiresm_78f8a4b.jpg

Where in Indiana are you from? I can't find any yard in Indy that has a sc400 or 300. Do you have a pick of the back of the radios. I bought one on Ebay that came out of a 95 SC400 and I have a 92 SC400 and it works fine. everything hooked up fine.

I live up near South Bend. There are two, both at different yards.

Can you supply me with a pic of the wiring connected to your radios?

Udstuengt:

try looking at the fuse box in the dash. I get the feeling when the Best buy guys installed the Sony they may have spliced into one of the fuses and disengaged it. It should be a #15 fuse that's connected to the stock head cables, or troubleshoot using a circuit tester.. From the angle you're holding the connectors they don't look like they were cut.

Hey guys

Here's a brief run down again

I buy the car last year: comes with aftermarket Sony head unit installed professionall using the Sony harness connected to a Metra adaptor. The metra adaptor connected right to TWO radio plugs in my dash. That radio can still work.

I now have a Nak (Probably won't work for me) out of a 95 SC400

Also have a base model radio out of a 92 SC400. Now, I noticed that this radio DOES NOT say Pioneer ANYWHERE on it. It just says LEXUS "premium audio system" and TOYOTA written on the bottom.

Neither Lexus radio connect to MY dash wiring. Attached are pictures. Notice how I have harness pulled out of the car...that is from the 95 SC400 from which the Nak came. That harness fits the 92 as well!

I'm completely lost here. Send me pics of what you have.

Thanks

f_1002664m_b313fd7.jpg

This is my dash wiring, behind the radio and climate set-up.

f_1002665m_85358bd.jpg

This harness above is from the 95. It is NOT the same as the first picture, which is my dash assembly.

f_1002666m_c679ab7.jpg

This is the removed 95 SC400 assembly attached to the 1992 SC400 Lexus radio (It also connects into the 95 SC400 Nak radio.

f_1002667m_7d2b42f.jpg

THis is the OEM Lexus radio removed from the 92 SC400.

Notice that the radio shown in the above images is a NON-Nakamichi radio from a 1992 SC400. Remember, I have a 1992 SC300. The wiring for a Nakamichi radio from a 1995 SC400 fits into a NON nak radio from a 1992? How is that right?

My dash wiring doesn't line up at all. I'm so lost.

Hey guys

Here's a brief run down again

I buy the car last year: comes with aftermarket Sony head unit installed professionall using the Sony harness connected to a Metra adaptor. The metra adaptor connected right to TWO radio plugs in my dash. That radio can still work.

I now have a Nak (Probably won't work for me) out of a 95 SC400

Also have a base model radio out of a 92 SC400. Now, I noticed that this radio DOES NOT say Pioneer ANYWHERE on it. It just says LEXUS "premium audio system" and TOYOTA written on the bottom.

Neither Lexus radio connect to MY dash wiring. Attached are pictures. Notice how I have harness pulled out of the car...that is from the 95 SC400 from which the Nak came. That harness fits the 92 as well!

I'm completely lost here. Send me pics of what you have.

Thanks

f_1002664m_b313fd7.jpg

This is my dash wiring, behind the radio and climate set-up.

f_1002665m_85358bd.jpg

This harness above is from the 95. It is NOT the same as the first picture, which is my dash assembly.

f_1002666m_c679ab7.jpg

This is the removed 95 SC400 assembly attached to the 1992 SC400 Lexus radio (It also connects into the 95 SC400 Nak radio.

f_1002667m_7d2b42f.jpg

THis is the OEM Lexus radio removed from the 92 SC400.

Notice that the radio shown in the above images is a NON-Nakamichi radio from a 1992 SC400. Remember, I have a 1992 SC300. The wiring for a Nakamichi radio from a 1995 SC400 fits into a NON nak radio from a 1992? How is that right?

My dash wiring doesn't line up at all. I'm so lost.

Does your sc300 have the factory amp? here might be your problem, even though they are the same years, and just about everything on and in them look the same, lexus made them very different in alot of ways. why I don't know. But those differences are there in the wiring. do the plug wires colors match up with the ones you pulled from the sc400? if so you will probally have to splice into them if you really what it to work. but I would definitly get the radio you want to install tested before you do any cutting.