Water Pump At 55k For 2002 Is 300

kip_442

Hey Lexus IS Community,

Please be patient with this newbie posting a comment. I have a 2002 IS 300 Sportcross with 55k miles. Love the car and have had very few issues for the past 3+ years I've owned it. I took it in today to my local non-dealer Lexus/TOYO trained shop for a brake job and oil change. They called to say my water pump was leaking and they should replace it and also do timing belt at same time. Oh, by the way the total service was now going to cost about $1100+ tax. I do know that they say to do t-belt and water pump together.

Has anyone heard of a water pump going out at the mileage I have for my year and model? I have not noticed any issues, no leaking on my driveway etc. I suspect they were trying to pull a fast one on me ... especially because they didn't try to "resell me" on having it done when I picked up my car. I would appreciate any advice from the Lexus experts out there.

cheers

Kip

aka Ken

Welcome to the LOC!

55K? I wouldn't think so. But there are allways abberations. Because I can't look at the car myself, I would take it to the dealership and have them look into it. Sort of a second opinion. I can't imagine that you would be having this problem at 55k miles though.

Hey Lexus IS Community,

Please be patient with this newbie posting a comment. I have a 2002 IS 300 Sportcross with 55k miles. Love the car and have had very few issues for the past 3+ years I've owned it. I took it in today to my local non-dealer Lexus/TOYO trained shop for a brake job and oil change. They called to say my water pump was leaking and they should replace it and also do timing belt at same time. Oh, by the way the total service was now going to cost about $1100+ tax. I do know that they say to do t-belt and water pump together.

Has anyone heard of a water pump going out at the mileage I have for my year and model? I have not noticed any issues, no leaking on my driveway etc. I suspect they were trying to pull a fast one on me ... especially because they didn't try to "resell me" on having it done when I picked up my car. I would appreciate any advice from the Lexus experts out there.

cheers

Kip

aka Ken