Broken Headset How To Reconnect Wiring

bwallace2

My son broke one of the headsets. He managed to break on the ear pieces off of the headset and the wires tore off of the connection board. Could someone tell me how to re-sauder the wires back onto the computer chip or board piece? Where do they go on the piece they connect to? I was going to try to fix them on my own.

Thanks

Bob

Are you talking about the headphones for listening to the DVD player? Are they Lexus or aftermarket? and IR or RF?

Provide a bit more info and maybe someone knows if that can be fixed.

They are the ones for listening to the dvd player. They are lexus brand. I'm not sure if they are RF (radio frequency) or IR (infared frequency). They would be what was stock with the car for the 2003 year. I could maybe look for the instructions/manual in glove box to see if they are RF or IR. Is there another way to tell?

Thanks

Bob

RF is radio frequency, so you have to tune your radio to a specific freq.

IR is infared and you will see a small (red, I think) light directly on the DVD unit.

It may be easier to just buy a replacement pair, should only be like $20 I think