Cruise Control Problem

Latoilette

before i can fix an electric short, i am hit by another problems.

when i use cruise control, it will work for 3 seconds, then it doesn't work anymore.

then cuise control light blinks 5 times (according to the manual, it means cruise control malfunction)

what can possibly go wrong with cruise control??

• 9 months later...

before i can fix an electric short, i am hit by another problems.

when i use cruise control, it will work for 3 seconds, then it doesn't work anymore.

then cuise control light blinks 5 times (according to the manual, it means cruise control malfunction)

what can possibly go wrong with cruise control??

Got the same problem, dont know what it is either, but if I find out I'll let you know. In the meantime, check your fuses, theres about 3 of them that have to do with the cruise control.

elazar

I had this problem on my '94ES. You have to stop the car and turn off the ignition to reset the cruise computer, then try it again. If it happens again and again then you should take the car into Lexus Service. They have the knowledge and equipment to troubleshoot this kind of problem. I don't think it's a bad fuse.

heh, mine will stay working for 2 or 3 times of deactivation/reactivation, after the 4th time, it usually gives me the bliking light and then doesnt work anymore, i think its a short in the stalk.

The car doesn't like you to turn it on and off. It's trying to tell you something. :D

heh, mine will stay working for 2 or 3 times of deactivation/reactivation, after the 4th time, it usually gives me the bliking light and then doesnt work anymore, i think its a short in the stalk.

The car doesn't like you to turn it on and off. It's trying to tell you something. :D

:blink::blink::blink::blink::lol: