New Member Here

G Alex

Hey there everyone. I am brand new, 1st post and wanted to say hello. I am a fan of these cars but havent yet purchased one. I have had several bimmers and after riding in my buddys ls400, I am sold. I cant believe the quality and comfort.

I am eyeballing a 01 430 with 95k on the odometer. It has the chrome factory rims and the navi and the special interior. I apologize about not knowing the package names and options as I am new. It is metallic white and looks perfect. The dealer wants 16 for it and it is a one owner vehicle. Is this a good deal and what should I look for problem wise ? I need some advice and thoughts on this car. I love the looks of it and it drives like a new car.

BTW, I am a Corvette guy, 07 3lt, Z51, lemans blue. If anyone here is considering a Vette and want some info, I would be more than happy to help the best I can as I have had 3 Vettes and keep up with latest stuff.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and get some thoughts on the 01 430. I would be using it as daily driver.

Thanks a lot, Alex :)

Hey welcome to the forum man! of the 430's I like the 05-06 since they are slightly re-styled, and most bugs are worked out (if any) by later models. In the end it's your vehicle and all up to your personal taste. So get what YOU want! If you want the best deal I'd try to find one private party that has been regularly serviced and maintained.

It seems like a fair price. I wouldn't be upset, but if the timing belt and water pump haven't been done yet. Have the dealer include the 90k service IN WRITING in the price of the vehicle. As this is a spendy and time consuming job.

Good luck on the purchase, and remember there are plenty of LS's out there so if you aren't 100% comfortable with that one, WALK AWAY!

Once again, Welcome! :cheers:

I have an "01" with the nav. and ultra package. It's black on cream. I love the car. It has 56,000 miles. Thank goodness its has a 100,000 mile 7 year Lexus gold warranty, as they are very costly to repair. The nav. was acting up, they keep it twice and never really found a for sure problem. They replaced the disc, not sure of the cost on that. The drivers outside mirror was not adjusting, this would have cost me $915.00. Just had a engine sensor replaced, would have cost me $300.00. I might not be so happy with it if it keeps breaking and I have to foot the bills.

I have an "01" with the nav. and ultra package. It's black on cream. I love the car. It has 56,000 miles. Thank goodness its has a 100,000 mile 7 year Lexus gold warranty, as they are very costly to repair. The nav. was acting up, they keep it twice and never really found a for sure problem. They replaced the disc, not sure of the cost on that. The drivers outside mirror was not adjusting, this would have cost me $915.00. Just had a engine sensor replaced, would have cost me $300.00. I might not be so happy with it if it keeps breaking and I have to foot the bills.

Yes, the parts are certainly expensive. You sure can save a heck of a lot of money by maintaining the car yourself, or taking it to an independent mechanic that specializes in Lexus. They are much cheaper than the dealerships. Some people complain about the dealership prices, but a Lexus dealership is very expensive to start and continue to operate. The prices just have to be higher.

For repairs I don't want to tackle myself, I take my car to a local independent Lexus mechanic. If the replacement parts are expensive, I buy them myself and bring them to the mechanic to install.

A good example was the power steering pump in my 1992 LS, which I had changed recently. Had I bought that part through the mechanic, it would have cost $600. I purchased a remanufactured Toyota-OEM one myself, that actually included a better warranty, and it only cost $120.

I agree with getting the parts at a toyota dealer or independent mechanic. I just recently checked on getting timing belt and waterpump..(cause its getting that time again) and having everything serviced for the long haul once again. Lexus dealer wanted between 1500 and 1700 for this little updated service. The Toyota dealer told me bring it in. That they would have to order the parts but, before I even had a chance to complain he told me I was looking in the 700 to 900 catagory depending on fluids and lil things as he so nicely put it..lol... big difference considering they both come with a warranty and dealership. Not a hard decission.. unless you like the free snacks and drinks at the Lexus dealership... (think I will just hold out for Burger King on the way out for lunch with a 800 to 1000 dollar savings... lol..Back to the topic. Welcome to THE CLUB. jcrome hit home though on getting the dealer to make sure it has been service or knocking some off so you can get it done. To costly to pay twice for it. Good luck and let us know how it goes...

Thanks for the replies. I do appreciate it. I bought the car and it was 16 even. I like it a lot and it is very smooth. My daily is a 07 Vette so you know the difference is amazing. Two totally diff cars. I will peruse the site here and try to start learning about these cars. I love the color, mine is white metallic(dont know the correct color code ?) and has the tan interior with the ultra luxury pkg with 17 inch chrome rims. 90k on the clock and I swear it runs like a new vehicle. I can just barely hear it running and it is so dead smooth.

Anyway, glad to be in the club here. I am very happy with my purchase and hope to learn a lot here.

Alex :)

I love the color, mine is white metallic(dont know the correct color code ?)

It sounds like your 2001 LS430 has the same exterior (crystal white) and interior colors as my 2000 LS400. It is a nice combination -- that tan leather/vinyl makes the interior seem light and airy.

Here is a link to the specs for the 2001 LS430: http://www.lexus.com/contact/pdf/2001/2001LSspecs.pdf

Oddly, I find that using non-metalic Toyota/Lexus white touchup paint works better when touching up nicks and scratches than using crystal white touchup paint. I've bought several vials of Crystal White touchup paint at the dealer but it always seems too watery and drys a much lighter color than the surrounding undamaged areas. My wife's Camry happens to be a nonmetalic white which is how I found this out when I used the touchup paint meant for her car.

The color code on the crystal white vial is 062. The color code on the non-metalic white paint I use instead is 040. You can get both at a Toyota dealer although it was a special order when I bought crystal white touchup paint there.

Jim, good advice on the touch up paint. I was about to purchase some so I will get the non metallic. Thanks for the heads up on that. I really appreciate the pdf on the 01. It has a lot of useful info. Thank you !

Ian, Here are a few of my car. It has the Z-51pkg with the heads up display. I have both tops, and it came with the navigation and the heads up display. The last picture shows the heads up, that is a very cool picture. I had a 94 black rose and loved it. It was a nice car. :)

11-27-2007-46.jpg

101_0249.jpg

101_0240.jpg

101_0256.jpg

Hey, Thanks for the compliments on my Vette. I will have to try to take some pictures this week of my LS. I havent had a chance to do so yet. I am having the windows tinted this week sometime so I will probably try to add some after that.

Alex

Hey, Thanks for the compliments on my Vette. I will have to try to take some pictures this week of my LS. I havent had a chance to do so yet. I am having the windows tinted this week sometime so I will probably try to add some after that.

Alex

Oh my.. that vette is everything I hoped it would be! haha

here is my old C4

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/835744 .. after the rear'ender, I put a 1.5" rasied hood on it, and full exhaust, and removed the rear wing, but I don't have pictures of those!

Alex

Oh my.. that vette is everything I hoped it would be! haha

here is my old C4

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/835744 .. after the rear'ender, I put a 1.5" rasied hood on it, and full exhaust, and removed the rear wing, but I don't have pictures of those!

Your car is my 2nd favorite color for the C4 Vette. Black Rose is number 1. I bet the hood looks nice. I really like the white powdercoated rims with the white paint and tinted windows and blacked out taillights. It is one of the biggest headturners around. You should be very proud of that car, it looks like it was fixed nicely and professionally.