Driver's Door Lock Knob Actuator?

osetleo

My wife told me today that the driver's door could not be opened with a remote control. I checked this evening and found that the locking nob was not operated with the remote control or door open button. I applied some W-40 and now it is completely stuck in the open position and could be closed with the key, remote control, or door actuator. All other doors are working fine.

Is it an actuator problem?

I really appreciate if anyone has hints what it could be and how to remove the driver's door panel to access the area.

Thank you very much

My wife told me today that the driver's door could not be opened with a remote control. I checked this evening and found that the locking nob was not operated with the remote control or door open button. I applied some W-40 and now it is completely stuck in the open position and could be closed with the key, remote control, or door actuator. All other doors are working fine.

I really appreciate if anyone has hints what it could be and how to remove the driver's door panel to access the area.

Thank you very much

Search this forum using the word "actuator". You will see a thread by indiana which gives some great detail on the actuator repair plus it includes a link to the ClubLexus forum with a well illustrated how to remove the door panel.

Thank you very much

Search this forum using the word "actuator". You will see a thread by indiana which gives some great detail on the actuator repair plus it includes a link to the ClubLexus forum with a well illustrated how to remove the door panel.

Thank you.