2004 Rx330 Trailer Wiring

tatmiko

I am trying to complete wiring for my 2004 RX330 trailer hitch. I was informed that I needed to install a special juction box in order to make my electcical connection work. The juction box is to be installed :( under the rear set behind the driver. Does anyone have any experience removing the seat? I would really appreciate some directions for this removal. Thanks

I am trying to complete wiring for my 2004 RX330 trailer hitch. I was informed that I needed to install a special juction box in order to make my electcical connection work. The juction box is to be installed :( under the rear set behind the driver. Does anyone have any experience removing the seat? I would really appreciate some directions for this removal. Thanks

If you have a "towing package" then the special junction box is unnecessary. All you need is a harness from Lexus (or Toyota) for about $80. If you don't have the towing package then whatever you plan to tow had better be fairly light and the towing done on flat ground.

There are directions for removing the cargo area here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry254728

No one on this site has mentioned that the rear seat needs to be removed to put in a junction box.

Thanks for your reply, GDixon. My problem is I do not have the "towing package" so I was told I need this Junction Block Assembly (P/N 826700E040) to get electrical power to the hitch. And the part is located under the rear seat. Someone had a posting on installing this part and I am trying to get some details on how it was done. I did use the very detail instructions on installing the hitch and connecting the wiring harness plug. Now trying to get power to the trailer lights.

• 1 year later...

I installed a Curt hitch. Very simple, no more complicated than changing a tire. I purchased he towing converter box from the dealer. My question is, where does the box plug in. On the 2010, removing the rear floor is quite simple. Just need the wiring diagram that shows where the box goes. Thanks, Bob

• 1 year later...

Bump.... I'm still looking for info on the location of the junction box assembly. The only thing I can find is this picture, which appears to be somewhere around the rear license plate. Not sure if that's in the rear trunk door, or the bumper, or what. The junction box assembly is item 82670A in the pic below (located in the last "L" in "SEWELL").

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/images/oem/1400x1000/845899.jpg