Disable Rear Audio?

nhpatel

I have a 2004 gx. Does anyone know how to disable the rear audio via the main system? I just installed an overhead dvd and think that the removal of the rear audio is what is causing the "external system is not connected" error.

THanks.

I have a 2004 gx. Does anyone know how to disable the rear audio via the main system? I just installed an overhead dvd and think that the removal of the rear audio is what is causing the "external system is not connected" error.

THanks.

I wish I had an answer, but probably ask the local dealer's service dept. they have run across that before I'm pretty sure (one of the techs knows I bet, even if the manager has no clue).

Just curoius, did you buy the overhead unit separate & then take it to a local shop for the install? or did you get everything done at once? About how much was it.

I read in my manual (2004 GX, but my manual is from a 2003, lol, thats all they had to give me) that the rear audio (headphone jacks) only works if you have a CD and a Casette inserted, I have to test it out to see if that is true. Right now mine does not work when I plug-in headphones (but I do not have a casette in - have to first dig one up :P ). I do not have a DVD, just the overhead light, but am planning to get an aftermarket one installed.

Thanks for any insight into the process, hope you fins a good solution.

THanks.

I wish I had an answer, but probably ask the local dealer's service dept. they have run across that before I'm pretty sure (one of the techs knows I bet, even if the manager has no clue).

Just curoius, did you buy the overhead unit separate & then take it to a local shop for the install? or did you get everything done at once? About how much was it.

I read in my manual (2004 GX, but my manual is from a 2003, lol, thats all they had to give me) that the rear audio (headphone jacks) only works if you have a CD and a Casette inserted, I have to test it out to see if that is true. Right now mine does not work when I plug-in headphones (but I do not have a casette in - have to first dig one up :P ). I do not have a DVD, just the overhead light, but am planning to get an aftermarket one installed.

Thanks for any insight into the process, hope you fins a good solution.

I bought the DVD at CC and had Firedog install it. I'll give the local dealer a call, but not expecting much help.

I bought the DVD at CC and had Firedog install it. I'll give the local dealer a call, but not expecting much help.

Ah, cool. Question: did you have it installed so it's hard wired to your FM radio (so sound plays through the stereo), or is it wireless using RF.

Also, do you have headphones too, are they IR wireless?

Reason I am asking is that I am interested in getting one installed so that I can either have people listen to IR headphones (while I listed to CD or radio through the car's speakers) OR play the DVD's sound through the stereo.

Oh, BTW what was the charge for Firedog install. Were you satisfied with the quality?

Thanks