Cost & Availability Of Repair Manuals

jbeidl

First post on this forum.

We recently traded my wife's 2001 ES300 (36K miles) for a 2008 ES350. I normally purchase service (repair) manuals for each new vehicle. I have been been looking for the manuals for this ES350 and I have been getting prices close to $700 for the 5 volume set (4 repair, 1 electrical). The set I purchased for the 2001 was about $300 but it only had 3 volumes total and I though that those were really over priced.

Does anyone know of a source for the repairs manuals at a more reasonable price?

I just received the 4 volume set for my 2008 Silverado LTZ (9" high stack) and they were only $135. I understand this is a Lexus and not a Chevy but $700 seems way out of line.

My wife really liked the 01 and it was hard to convince her to switch. So far (less than 100 miles) she is happy with the ES350 - drives better than her 01 and has noticeably more power.

My only complaint is the Bluetooth voice recognition system. No matter how I say "Add Entry" to the phone book, 95% of the time it wants to "Delete Entry".

John

• 1 month later...
First post on this forum.

We recently traded my wife's 2001 ES300 (36K miles) for a 2008 ES350. I normally purchase service (repair) manuals for each new vehicle. I have been been looking for the manuals for this ES350 and I have been getting prices close to $700 for the 5 volume set (4 repair, 1 electrical). The set I purchased for the 2001 was about $300 but it only had 3 volumes total and I though that those were really over priced.

Does anyone know of a source for the repairs manuals at a more reasonable price?

I just received the 4 volume set for my 2008 Silverado LTZ (9" high stack) and they were only $135. I understand this is a Lexus and not a Chevy but $700 seems way out of line.

My wife really liked the 01 and it was hard to convince her to switch. So far (less than 100 miles) she is happy with the ES350 - drives better than her 01 and has noticeably more power.

My only complaint is the Bluetooth voice recognition system. No matter how I say "Add Entry" to the phone book, 95% of the time it wants to "Delete Entry".

John

Hi John,

I understand the dilemma of the expense of Toyota and Lexus Factory Repair Manuals. I have opened a store on ebay specializing in Toyota, Lexus and Scion Factory Repair Manuals under the name of "Sunshine Car Manuals." I'm preparing to sell new and used manuals at heavily discounted prices. I currently am stocking the store, and invite you to stop by and take a look, you may find what you're looking for at an acceptable price to you. You can read the feedback that my customers say about doing business with me. I hope to meet you and others there!

sunshine80388

http://stores.ebay.com/sunshinecarmanuals

Hi John,

I understand the dilemma of the expense of Toyota and Lexus Factory Repair Manuals. I have opened a store on ebay specializing in Toyota, Lexus and Scion Factory Repair Manuals under the name of "Sunshine Car Manuals." I'm preparing to sell new and used manuals at heavily discounted prices. I currently am stocking the store, and invite you to stop by and take a look, you may find what you're looking for at an acceptable price to you. You can read the feedback that my customers say about doing business with me. I hope to meet you and others there!

sunshine80388

http://stores.ebay.com/sunshinecarmanuals

Thanks for the information.

I have given up on hard copy Toyota/Lexus manuals as they are far too expensive. I purchased a one month subscription for Toyota Technical Information Services (TIS) and I was able to download the information I thought I might require. I also found an electronic service manual on Ebay for about $30 and purchased that as well.

I like the ability to browse and search the manuals on my computer and only print out the pages I require.

John