Navigation Upgrade

Frankvd

My current navigation sofware is the North America 2000 edition. I have a 2004 DVD Navigation Map North America W41, but when installing I get an error message. It won't load and it says "cannot read data, check navigation map." My current software is North America. My Computer CD drawer can read it so the disk itself is OK. Can anyone help?

My current navigation sofware is the North America 2000 edition. I have a 2004 DVD Navigation Map North America W41, but when installing I get an error message. It won't load and it says "cannot read data, check navigation map." My current software is North America. My Computer CD drawer can read it so the disk itself is OK. Can anyone help?

Where did you buy the 2004 DVD W41? Are you sure it's an OEM DVD?

Yes, it is an original DVD and was given to me by a friend who manages a large body shop. It is in excellent condition. Thanks for your prompt reply. Got any ideas? After trying it the W-41 D, I put the original one back it and it works fine.

Yes, it is an original DVD and was given to me by a friend who manages a large body shop. It is in excellent condition. Thanks for your prompt reply. Got any ideas? After trying it the W-41 D, I put the original one back it and it works fine.

Step Hen...thanks so much for you reply. I do not know what generation my 02 Lexus has...the disk I have is an original and it says version 4.1. The text is a green in color, but there is no text that tells what the Gen is.

What car did the disc work on? Or list the part number form the disc, and we can decode the generation from that.

Your lexus has a generation 2/3 system. Newer generations are gen4 and gen5.

/quote]

Thanks so much Tony...do you know where I can trade or even just get a Gen 3 7.1? I really appreciate your help.