Street Racing

first off, no i do not and do not intend on street racing....but does anyone know what the penalty is in SC? I have heard you can lose your license/car/jail time etc... and is there a difference in "racing" someone from a stop light (like many ppl do once in awhile) and organized street racing, as far as the punishment goes? I ask this because i have been told if you are caught racing, you basically have no life for the next year (car wise that is :) ) but it just seems kind of strict for just a little stop light drag racing once in a blue moon, especially when you don't even go much over the speed limit!

thanks

Dunno bout SC but in GA u go to jail for jumping off a light with another car. Classified as street racing same as running 145 down the road against a few cars toward a set goal. U lose your car based on speed, not racing. The fine is also affected by speed.

am i the only one that thinks alot of cops are just hypocrites? most cops i see that are just driving (ie not going any where important) go 10 - 15 over just cruising. and a cop almost hit my girlfriend a couple days ago, making a left turn at a light (he didnt have a green arrow) and she was going straight across the intersection...i mean ppl make mistakes..but i dont have any tolerance when cops make them, then turn around and give you a ticket for making the same mistake they just did...

yea they can, ive heard GA's laws are worse, but the enforcement here is kinda ridiculous...the only time i ever got pulled over was going down a big slope at 11 at night in the middle of nowhere and some cop was just sitting at the bottom ready to get whoever might be going 5 over...

first off, no i do not and do not intend on street racing....but does anyone know what the penalty is in SC? I have heard you can lose your license/car/jail time etc... and is there a difference in "racing" someone from a stop light (like many ppl do once in awhile) and organized street racing, as far as the punishment goes? I ask this because i have been told if you are caught racing, you basically have no life for the next year (car wise that is :) ) but it just seems kind of strict for just a little stop light drag racing once in a blue moon, especially when you don't even go much over the speed limit!

thanks

I've been through it all i live in los angeles and organized street races for years weve had races that were over litterally 500 cars deep and the cops WITH NO EXAGERATION could not stop it because there would be 4 different tracks within 2 miles of eachother and one would always be cracking till one day, the cops got smart! me and my boy were driving in our neighbor hood and saw 5 cop cars followed by 8 or 9 tow trucks, my boy said i aint goin to the races tonite forget that and i said well go but we wont drive, so we convinced another guy to drive us in his Stillen supercharged Titan. He did and the night was goin great and at about 30 cops from 10 different departments along with tow trucks surrounded us blocking 4 huge intersections and helicopters were over head and people started panicing and running into eachother and my friends car even got hit by a guy who was scared out his mind in a camaro, when he hit my friends truck, twice the weight and size he still kept flooring it thinkin he was going to move us... n e ways i had about 20 friends alone with me the next month in court. Turns out i wasnt even driving but just for sittin shotty I GOT A SPECTATING TICKET AND THEY "TRIED" to give ME 2 POINTS on my record and on my insurance it would show i got a ticket racing, which everyone did EXCEPT me because i heard the penalty the judge was giving so i walked out the courthouse, knowing id receive a failure to appear and went back weeks later when no officers that were present that night were anywhere to be seen to identify me, claiming i was not there, and someone falsely used my name winning the case(at the race i told the officer i didnt have my license and like a moron i gave him all the right information at first except for a fake dl number so the ticket did infact go to my house but with dif sig and wrong dl number in court it was thrown out). Ive been through litterally EVERY single kind of ticket ive been good for a year but thats why i PAY 400$$ a month for insurance

so all that crap about being unsafe is a lie...its just about the money. a retired cop has even told me they have to give a certain number of tickets a month or they get penalized..

thats true but also illegal you can look it up online if you dont beleive me. If you can get a cop to say, which you most likely wont when hes givin you a ticket, that he has to hit his quota, you automatically win the case. Quota's are illegal.

well i know the guy that pulled me over was just tryin to hit a quota...i mean..who else would be out at 11 or so at night in the rain, in the middle of nowhere??

um cops working the graveyard shift. if u think about it though, MOST the time if u werent doing anything though he wouldnt have pulled u over. funny how people ALWAYS blame the cops. ever stopped to think hey if i wasnt speeding or running that red light i wouldnt get pulled over. sorry got like 15 cop friends and i dont always feel its thier fault although sometimes it is. i have had enough of my own police incidents i try to behave most the time now. ;)

brian

yea..i know what you mean...i don't hate cops or anything like that...just some can get on my nerves sometimes...and yea if i wasn't speeding i wouldn't have gotten pulled over...but in my defense..its one of those roads that if you aren't going at least 10 over you get someone up your butt the whole time! lol

Yea I had Best Buy tie mine into the sound system and it either turns the music down or raises its own level to be heard.

yeah i didn't have mine done there as i wasn't aware they are a k40 dealer..........last thing i need is some kid messing with that expensive of a radar detector.

brian