Phone/nav Use While Driving

Is there a way to be able to use the phone and nav while driving? Lexus says no....but I have read some posts that lead me to believe that it is possible. I did talk to a Lexus tech who said they can't do it (I think they won't do it) but he did say that Custom Stereo and Sound in Houston could do it. I haven't called them to find out......

The posts I have read talk about cutting wires....don't really want to do that.

Question: Has anyone done this without cutting wires?

If so, can you share?

i see you have a 2006. there is a temporary solution. pay attention to this video i made, it allows you to use all your car controls. but you must do it every time you turn the car off and back on. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&id=3320 its handy when you're in traffic and need to quickly input an address or if your passenger wants to input an address. it is by no means a permanent solution. follow the video directions, you touch the top left corner of volume screen, then bottom left, then top left, then bottom left again. hold down the override button for about 5 seconds and let go.

the permanent solution takes about 30 minutes and is pretty easy to do. read the post http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=24442 for the mod. it works like a charm. many people here have done it on their car with no problems.

i think there is also a non-wire cutting method which involves purchasing an aftermarket product and plugging it into your car's navigation. but its expensive. just do the mod yourself.

• 1 month later...

i see you have a 2006. there is a temporary solution. pay attention to this video i made, it allows you to use all your car controls. but you must do it every time you turn the car off and back on. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&id=3320 its handy when you're in traffic and need to quickly input an address or if your passenger wants to input an address. it is by no means a permanent solution. follow the video directions, you touch the top left corner of volume screen, then bottom left, then top left, then bottom left again. hold down the override button for about 5 seconds and let go.

the link to the video has been moved. do you have it somewhere else?

• 7 months later...

Hopefully I'm not re-creating the wheel but just wanted to see if there was a BLUETOOTH PHONE OVERRIDE solution? I searched through a lot of the topics posted and always ended up unable to find an answer for the PHONE (as I am definitely aware of the NAV override).

Thanks in advance!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully I'm not re-creating the wheel but just wanted to see if there was a BLUETOOTH PHONE OVERRIDE solution? I searched through a lot of the topics posted and always ended up unable to find an answer for the PHONE (as I am definitely aware of the NAV override).

Thanks in advance!!!

I'm interested in an override solution for my Samsung 737 too but have been unable to find a site that could help so if anyone knows of a good place to check let me know. Thx

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just joined and a newbie to the forum. Anyone have any ideas to help on a 2007 GS350 to allow passenger to change NAV while driving?

MitchT

It's the same for all 3rd Gen GS models - either wire cut or a plug and play kit. I did the PnP kit from Prestigious Society and it works perfectly. When I sell or trade the car, I can return it to stock in 30 min.