Engine Died

Help!

Normal driving, gs300, the engine started to cut out. The Enigne went to idle and I had no trottle. I pulled over to restart the engine but found it was still running but I had to put the gas to the floor to get the tact to move. After about 15 min. turned off it ran and drove fine but the check eng. light and other dummy lights are now on. Any help plz.

Sounds like it went into "limp home" mode, or "limp back" as I think Toyota calls it. My GS400 did it once, and restored itself without trouble. As mentioned, find out what the code is. Clear the code and keep driving - complex systems sometimes do this, and unless a trend develops, there is nothing to do.

Yup check the code for sure there is many possibilitys, Toyota is known for doing that for sure when you have the a/c on while driving fast then slowing because the comp that tells the a/c fan how fast to go messes up and the car just shuts off but it can be a number of things. Just go to a Kragen or shucks or autozone and theyll let you borrow there diagnostic machine for free just run outside and hook it up to your obd and see what code it spits out then look in the code book to see what the prob is... theyll help you for free if u need it.

Definitely get the code(s). You can use the diagnostic tool for free like they say at auto parts store. I have a service manual if you get the codes I can run you through a trouble tree. Once my 98 GS300 did that and it was the throttle position sensor. It fixed itself, but I replaced it cuz I definitely didn't want that happening again! I was told that other lights would come on with the engine light like trac ctrl and stuff which they did.

• 5 weeks later...
Help!

Normal driving, gs300, the engine started to cut out. The Enigne went to idle and I had no trottle. I pulled over to restart the engine but found it was still running but I had to put the gas to the floor to get the tact to move. After about 15 min. turned off it ran and drove fine but the check eng. light and other dummy lights are now on. Any help plz.

I have something very similar thats happening with my GS300. The engine dies for a few seconds, then picks back up again. Only happens at highway speeds. No 'check engine light' comes on. Mechanic finds no codes or any other problem.