Dead Nakamichi - Any Hints?

streetkit

There is a 15A radio and lighter fuse (that's two different fuses) in the fuse box on the left lower side of the driver side compartment. You'll have to pull the carpet back a little bit to get at it. Remove the cover - small rectangular piece. On the inside of the cover is a location chart. Check those two fuses, replace them if blown. The root cause might be a bad ground off the radio, cigarette lighter or either of those circuits off the fuse box. Good luck.

My 92 300 radio goes dead about once a a week. It doesnt turn off though, just goes quiet.

Somehow i found that hitting it hard from the passanger side while driving brings it back. Why is it that slapping this car around seems to fix so much stuff.

Maybe thatll help? ;-)

Hi ,

i Had the same problem my Radio just went dead, the (2) fuses were good the one under the hood and the one inside the car. So i went to see a professional and it was my Amp, it was a Water Liking from the trunk into the Amp. Apparently a lot of SC 400/300s have this problem it's a defect in the draining system or a block somewhere.

If you want to buy a new Amp good luck its a 1000$+ at the Dealer, and i got an offer to fix it for 200$, you can replace it by a MTX 5 channel AMp anyways the Lexus Amp is only 200watts its easy to find a replacement for a good price. So if u have a DEAD no power RADIO/stereo/CD/CD changer, that could be your problem, i hope it's nothing bad.

Moe/Montreal

Well, I did find that the 20 amp fuse in the under hood box was blown. I replaced it and the stereo worked for a little while even though it had bad reception and the cassette portion did not work at all. I was about to try the CD chnager when the fuse blew again.

Keep the ideas coming.