Plugs Wires Vacuum Brakes

Ratatat

changed out the plugs and wires. I used Iridium IX's and autolite wires. a few hours later, a very noticeable change, more of a positive change than any plug or wire change out on any vehicle i have done. it was worth.

when i took the gal out for a test drive, the front brakes got very hot, very!! when i got home, a little smoke come rolling out one wheel, i popped the hood, and found one of the small vacuum lines near the MAF, but on top of the plenum was off, it looks like it ran down the passenger side of the engine to a switch or sensor. Would this one have anything to do with the ABS?

Thanks Tom

changed out the plugs and wires. I used Iridium IX's and autolite wires. a few hours later, a very noticeable change, more of a positive change than any plug or wire change out on any vehicle i have done. it was worth.

when i took the gal out for a test drive, the front brakes got very hot, very!! when i got home, a little smoke come rolling out one wheel, i popped the hood, and found one of the small vacuum lines near the MAF, but on top of the plenum was off, it looks like it ran down the passenger side of the engine to a switch or sensor. Would this one have anything to do with the ABS?

Thanks Tom

Don't think so. Usually when the brakes get really hot, I'd look at the fluid. ABS is just a sensor. Is your ABS light on?

have to take off the covers, not too bad, but the passenger side you have to take off the MAF and the intake tube, not the intake plenum itself. Just to change plugs wont be as long, but i also changed wires, so i removed the loom and all, cleaned up the covers, cleaned up the loom the the wires go through, then had to weave the wires back in. It was not too difficult, just time consuming, about 5 hours later. (2 nites)

Brakes: i bled the rears all was well, and got some new fluid in the line, when i went to the front (passenger) the rubber seal on one of the pistons, had torn and would not allow the piston to go back in, so it was hold pressure on the brake all the time. I ordered a rebuild kit for the pistons, they were $8 apiece at the local Napa, both should be here monday.

have to take off the covers, not too bad, but the passenger side you have to take off the MAF and the intake tube, not the intake plenum itself. Just to change plugs wont be as long, but i also changed wires, so i removed the loom and all, cleaned up the covers, cleaned up the loom the the wires go through, then had to weave the wires back in. It was not too difficult, just time consuming, about 5 hours later. (2 nites)

Brakes: i bled the rears all was well, and got some new fluid in the line, when i went to the front (passenger) the rubber seal on one of the pistons, had torn and would not allow the piston to go back in, so it was hold pressure on the brake all the time. I ordered a rebuild kit for the pistons, they were $8 apiece at the local Napa, both should be here monday.

wow, that's amazing. I had the same piston ring seal issue with my LS. Be careful with NAPA. When I going through the same problem they gave me a Supra caliper. It didn't fit off-course

an update.

when i recieved the caliper kit, they only had one close, so i got it overnite. So i figured i would get a start on the brakes. When i got home the kit had 4 external caliper seals and none of the internal seals, instead of 2 of each. Well i took my calpers apart. The internals looked to be in very good shape. I cleaned the caliper pistons and the caliper internals real good, installed the new external seals, did the same to the other side, and blead everything. The brakes are just dandy now. and i got away with only buying one kit.