Car Hesitates

Hey Fellas,

I noticed when I'm about to stop or accelerate the engine hesitates or (hiccups). What could be the problem? Should I bring it to the Lexus dealer since I'm still under warranty? I own a 2006 is250 awd.

Thanks Guys

Hey Fellas,

I noticed when I'm about to stop or accelerate the engine hesitates or (hiccups). What could be the problem? Should I bring it to the Lexus dealer since I'm still under warranty? I own a 2006 is250 awd.

Thanks Guys

It might be the transmission changing gears??? If it is engine related then have it checked out for sure because it does not sound normal to me.

Regards,

Hey Fellas,

Thanks Guys

It might be the transmission changing gears??? If it is engine related then have it checked out for sure because it does not sound normal to me.

Regards,

When i'm running only at 40mph the gear is shifted to 6, is that normal?

Completely normal, get used to it, it's a Lexus. It's their way of making the acceleration slower, to save gas. They use electricity to control the response from the pedal to the engine instead of hydraulics so it's really slow and can be frustrating at times when u need acceleration. There are only two ways to solve this problem - Use the S mode and change gears manually or Turn on the PWR button. The power botton is right behind the steering wheel on the right, it's a switch right next to the traction control, once you switch it on a green light will come on. It makes the pedal more responsive but can also decrease your fuel economy if you're not careful. I usually use it around town and then switch it off when I'm on the highway and just want to maintain a certain speed. Hope that helps.

Completely normal, get used to it, it's a Lexus. It's their way of making the acceleration slower, to save gas. They use electricity to control the response from the pedal to the engine instead of hydraulics so it's really slow and can be frustrating at times when u need acceleration. There are only two ways to solve this problem - Use the S mode and change gears manually or Turn on the PWR button. The power botton is right behind the steering wheel on the right, it's a switch right next to the traction control, once you switch it on a green light will come on. It makes the pedal more responsive but can also decrease your fuel economy if you're not careful. I usually use it around town and then switch it off when I'm on the highway and just want to maintain a certain speed. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response guys. I'm starting to think that the transmission was slipping on 2nd gear, because i can feel the hesitation (hiccups) every time i accelerate into 2nd gear.

Sorry, one more question guys. The curve bump that sticks out on the gas pedal side where you can rest your right leg on, it gets kind of hot at times, is that normal?

Once again, thanks for the help fellas!

Thanks for the response guys. I'm starting to think that the transmission was slipping on 2nd gear, because i can feel the hesitation (hiccups) every time i accelerate into 2nd gear.

Sorry, one more question guys. The curve bump that sticks out on the gas pedal side where you can rest your right leg on, it gets kind of hot at times, is that normal?

I don't rest my leg on that part so I don't know if it gets hot... but the only reason it would be hot is from transmission which probably isn't normal considering that there is a transmission fluid to keep it cool.

I don't rest my leg on that part so I don't know if it gets hot... but the only reason it would be hot is from transmission which probably isn't normal considering that there is a transmission fluid to keep it cool.

Hrmmm, then i guess I should bring it in to get it check ASAP before anything bad happens to my transmission. Also, the shifter led lights gets really hot as well, where (S, + , - ) is at, do you think it would be the transmission as well? My Appointment is next 2 week... hopefully i won't damage anything during this time.

The bump is due to the AWD system. There is a front drive shaft that powers the front wheels and the body was shaped to make room for the extra stuff. That alone would not make it hot but it is also very close to the exhaust/catalytic converter. The cat' could be the source of the heat but I myself have not noticed it being hot. But I don't wear shorts much either.

Regards,

PS welcom to the club.

The bump is due to the AWD system. There is a front drive shaft that powers the front wheels and the body was shaped to make room for the extra stuff. That alone would not make it hot but it is also very close to the exhaust/catalytic converter. The cat' could be the source of the heat but I myself have not noticed it being hot. But I don't wear shorts much either.

Regards,

PS welcom to the club.

Thanks Gaugster! This is my first car that I've bought myself and I just want to make sure I maintain it well.

PS this forum is full of helpful people! a++++++