Here's A Product You Gotta Have...

If this stuff works like people say it does, then this is something everybody who lives where it snows, or in an apartment, or wherever hoses aren't a plenty has simply got to have.

Its a product called Protect All Quick and Easy Wash. Now, supposedly with two capfuls of this stuff, a gallon of water, a wash mitt and a microfiber towel you can wash any car anywhere without a hose. Think about how cool this would be for those of us who dont want to use carwashes during the winter but can't stand hose washing when its 30 degrees out. You can wash the car in a garage or in a parking space. How cool is that?

Supposedly it creates no suds and envelops the dirt and encapsulates it in solution. You just dip the mitt in the bucket, wipe down a panel, dry it off with the towel. The polarized nature of the product supposedly even pushes the dirt down to the bottom of the bucket so the water never gets dirty. People have said its a little scary to use the first time (seems like washing with only water) but the sources that I'm hearing say its totally safe. Several of them are pros, one of them uses it to wash Bentleys, Lambos, the works. A lot of them dont even hose wash anymore...

I ordered it this week and it should be here any day, I'll post a review once I've used it but I'm fairly confident that it will be a fantastic product...

I haven't used the Collinite 476s before. I use the Collinite 845 Insulator wax. I love the stuff. I was amazed that there was such a great line of products available that were so good that I had never even heard of.

The carwash without a hose does sound like a scary idea. How does it dry? I'd love to see a car washed with it (someone else's at first). I guess if the car is just like rain dirty it would be okay but I sure couldn't see it with salt and sand. I won't even use a car wash wand in the winter in salty areas if they say they recycle their water. Recycling the water means they recycle the salt. I don't think they put reverse osmosis things in car washes.

I just got it tonight, I'll wash the car with it tomorrow.

I trust the guy who reccomended it to me on Autopia. He's a professional that has been using the stuff for 15 years and has never damaged a car with it. He does a lot of high line details like S55s, Lambos, Bentleys. He has it down to where he can wash and trim out an entire normal sized car in 20 minutes. Everyone on Autopia was skeptical at first but everyone that has tried it over there loves it.

The trick is you dont have to rinse it. You wipe the panel down with a cloth or mitt soaked in the solution then just wipe it off the panel. The product emusifies and encapsulates the dirt so as long as you dont push hard it wont scratch. He says you can use it on some pretty dirty cars (he has lots of before, after and during photos, I'll cross post some) but at least at first I'm going to take the car to the touchless wash first.

If it works as promised it should be great, a QEW 2 or so times a week in the garage should keep the car looking good during the winter. My car is almost swirl free too so we'll definately know if it scratches.

This is a half dirty half QEW'ed Tahoe

1099QEW_before.jpg

Here's the same Tahoe all done

1099QEW_after.jpg

Here's a couple of his pictures. The guy does awesome awesome work

1099Klasse_UPP_side.jpg

This is an LX470 he QEW'ed and I believe he used Clearkote Vanilla Moose polish and Platinum Ultimate Paint Protection. Does all work (including swirl removal) by hand.

109950th_anniversary_Vette.jpg

This 50th Anniversary Vette was QEW'ed Klasse All In One and the Platinum.

All photos courtesy of Scottwax on Autopia and reflect HIS work and no one elses.

Ok Steve, how did the wash go?

This winter has come to quick with all this salt, especially since I don't have those touchless washes that you have in D.C. Everybody wants to to touch your car with some sort of brushless car wash , then use some rags to dry that they have used on 50 cars before you. Man I'm tempted to wash my car with a hose and bucket in the snow..... :angry:

It was great! Exactly as Scottwax and everyone at Autopia said it would be. I used two buckets, one with the QEW solution, one with plain water. Mixed one gallon water with i oz (2 capfuls) of the QEW, and i/2 oz (1 capful) of Meguiars Quick Detailer. One spary bottle with 1/2 oz of QEW. Used a microfiber wash mitt. Used one 100% terry towel for an initial wipe leaving moisture behind, and a Pakshak Waffle Weave towel for the initial dry. I then QD'd the whole car with the Quick Detailer. Product is really cool, the car was filthy too with road salt, the sides were white. Came right off, no swirls that I've found yet with careful examination (knock on wood).

Here's exactly what I did.

-Spray the panel down well with the QEW spray I made to loosen dirt

-Wipe the panel with the QEW and microfiber mitt, dunk mitt in rinse water.

-Wipe the panel with the terry towel

-Finish the panel with the WW MF towel

- Repeated these 4 steps all the way around the car until it was done. Cleaning the mitt rigorously in the rinse water

-Did tires, wheels, wheelwells with the left over QEW and a terry washcloth.

-Dressed tires

-QD'd entire car.

The whole above process took about an hour and a half, about what a normal wash takes me. I was VERY slow and careful though and swapped out the water and QEW mixture a couple times (car was filthy). I can easily see how it could take 30-45 minutes done by someone with more confidence. It was also 34 degrees which slowed me down and made the car somewhat harder to dry adding to the time.

A+ for this product. It says its anti-static and I believe it too, drove around all evening and it didnt get a speck of dust on it.

Great product!

Thanx Steve for the play by play. I am going to do mine as soon as I receive my shipment. I haven't checked out autopia in a couple of weeks because I get depressed when people like scottwax have 70 degree weather and I'm in snow...lol

I think I'll start sneaking around that forum some more..... :cheers:

Checked it out in the sun today, other than some light micromarring below the beltline that has been there since its been winter (hard to avoid when cleaning off road salt) nary a mark anywhere.

Good stuff!