1992 Sc400 Radio Info?

305pimpc

:angry:HAY FOLKS TOP OF THE MORNNING TOO YAH!

IM HERE TO ASK IF ANYONES EVER RE-WIRED THE STOCK RADIO IN A SC400 OR SC300 WITHOUT THE AMP IN THE TRUNK? CAN IT BE DONE?? HAS ANY ONE HEARD OF ANYONE DOING SO??? AND OFF TOPIC I CANT FIND THE FUSE BOX INSIDE THE CAR! I ALSO HAVE NO BRAKE LIGHTS THE LIGHTS BLINKERS WORK AND THE PARKING LIGHTS WORK ALSO PLEASE HELP THANKS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY

:angry:HAY FOLKS TOP OF THE MORNNING TOO YAH!

IM HERE TO ASK IF ANYONES EVER RE-WIRED THE STOCK RADIO IN A SC400 OR SC300 WITHOUT THE AMP IN THE TRUNK? CAN IT BE DONE?? HAS ANY ONE HEARD OF ANYONE DOING SO??? AND OFF TOPIC I CANT FIND THE FUSE BOX INSIDE THE CAR! I ALSO HAVE NO BRAKE LIGHTS THE LIGHTS BLINKERS WORK AND THE PARKING LIGHTS WORK ALSO PLEASE HELP THANKS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY

its :censored: up every time i ask for help no one can come by ans show some love! i reply back to everyone that i can help!

what ever i fixed my brak lights if anyone having problems like me! frist they didnt wanna work at all only parking lights so its been three days with no brake lights checked bulbs, checkd brake switch checked conections finally it was the brake fuse in the kick panel that i couldnt find !it was loose and had coroted a bit cleaned it and put a new fuse ! done ! now to see if i can wire my radio with out the amp ill get back with a yes or no!!! thanks anyways :angry::angry::angry:

The amp is using only line out signal from the radio, it is not enough to even drive cheezy headsets.

From what I've gathered, the radio will not power up without the amplifier. I own a 1992 SC400 and the amplifier is junked (got wet) I have yet to find info on how to bypass the amp. I would love to dd my own amp to existing factory radio. If anyone finds out if this is possible, holla back. Thanks.

amps are easy enough to find, i found one on ebay. There are cable adapters that let u plug into the factory harness, then wire in a different amp. Cant remember store name but search ebay, its there too. Crutchfield may also be of some help.

amps are easy enough to find, i found one on ebay. There are cable adapters that let u plug into the factory harness, then wire in a different amp. Cant remember store name but search ebay, its there too. Crutchfield may also be of some help.

Well thank you. I hope that there does exist a harness that plugs directly into existing amplifier plug in trunk. I'm about to search ebay right now. If I had the wiring diagram for the factory amplifier harness it would be easy to make my own adapter. But dah well.