Possible To Modify Steering Column?

addb

I'm having trouble finding a comfortable driving position in my 1992 SC300. The problem would be solved if the steering wheel would telescope further. Does anyone know if it's possible to extend the entire column, or something, to fix this driver position problem for me?

I understand that this would be an expensive proposition, but it's worth it since I'll have this car for the next 10 years.

Thanks.

Are you sure yours is working properly? Mine extends out a shockingly far distance, to where I think it looks rather funny.

Other than getting a creative mechanic/welder/machine shop to look at it, I dont think you can do much. I doubt theres a kit.

Maybe you could put a spacer on the actual steering wheel mount instead of extending the entire steering shaft.

I say you need to open stuff up a little and look around. See whats actually telescoping, and what would make it go out further.

Goodluck.

Just for your info, Im 6'4", so my seats pretty far back, and the wheel telescopes out far enough to that i can reach it with BENT ARMS when my head is behind the sunroof.