Need Help With Navigation

5power

I just recently purchased a 2002 sc430 and today I went to start the car and the Navigation screen will not open at all. I checked all the fuse under the dash and in the engine compartment and no luck. All fuses were fine. I also found that my audio cover does not work also when you hit the button. Any suggestions on trouble shooting would be helpful before I take the dive and go to the stealership lol, Thanks

• 4 years later...

I know it has been 5 years since your post, but the 2002 I recently bought had the same problem, and periodically still does. I found out about the door in fact because one day it magically closed. I was playing with one of those sticky pads that hold your cell phone in place and pressed against the button. I did not know what the button was for though,

Turns out that the button sticks under the cover. If I press the cover on either side of the button, or used the sticky pad to retract the button, it moves the door. I have tried to clean the button with electronics parts cleaner, but am not sure if it works. So, that may be part of the problem you are having, I don't know. If anyone has any ideas on how to make this button more reliable, please let me know!

• 2 years later...

Chris - I realize it has been years since you posted about this, but I have this same issue with the navigation door on my 2002 SC430. It just suddenly stopped closing for no apparent reason. I did NOT understand what button you are referring to in your post!! If there is any way you can guide me, I would appreciate it. - Thank you!

Two things come to mind when I read both your issues. First is, as noted above, that the button is sticking and not allowing solid contact with the underlying electronics. Secondly, the door has a common problem of coming off the track. Check both of these issues and let us know. I will search for a fix for the track repair, if that turns out to be your problem. Let me know. good luck.