Please Help With Amplifier Wiring To Stock Stereo

trevelli

I currently have the amp inputs wired to the rear speakers. There is almost no bass coming out, I suspect the low range bass is blocked in these rear speakers.

Anyone know a good place to tap the factory system for a subwoofer amp input? Front speakers? Anyone know what color wires/where to tap them?

This is a Non-Mark Levinson system.

Any help is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
I currently have the amp inputs wired to the rear speakers. There is almost no bass coming out, I suspect the low range bass is blocked in these rear speakers.

Anyone know a good place to tap the factory system for a subwoofer amp input? Front speakers? Anyone know what color wires/where to tap them?

This is a Non-Mark Levinson system.

Any help is appreciated!

I'd be interested in if you've figured this one out? A buddy of mine whom I respect when it comes to car audio installs helped me out with the installation of a JL Audio Amp...Thing about it is that the wires that were tapped into which are from the OEM amplifier filters out the lower frequencies so there is no bass going to the new 6x9 and 5.25's that were put in. I was expecting some really good sound but got a higher volume without the punch from the lows. There's got to be a way of tapping into the output from the stock deck to the amp. My buddy tells me that the sign lines out carry more than just a signal to the amp and the wiring isn't typical two lines out per side.

So if you have any luck...I'd love to hear from you.

Dave.

dave75verona@yahoo.com

• 3 months later...