Tire Pressure Sensors

Are the tire pressure sensors covered under the warranty? My tire is leaking air from the valve and the flat fix guy said to take it to the dealer

they should be. I would think they better be.

steviej

Dealer said not covered! Wear and tear part. Cost of part-$117.00!!!!!

All these tire sensor threads have jinxed me.

My sensor light came on Wed and the red exclamation point is on. All tires are at 32lbs. These are the sensors that the dealer just installed at the end of June. I have tried reinitializing. I have tried lowering the tires and refilling with air. The car goes in 7am next Wednesday.

I will not be paying anything on this service. They have to at least have a 90 day warranty on parts. I will ask my dealeship where they stand on the valves. The stem grommet may be a wear item but the TPMS is an electronic device that should be covered under warranty.

Call 1-800-25-LEXUS and see what they can do for you. I will post up next week as to what my problem/resolution was.

steviej

Are the tire pressure sensors covered under the warranty? My tire is leaking air from the valve and the flat fix guy said to take it to the dealer

they should be. I would think they better be.

steviej

Dealer said not covered! Wear and tear part. Cost of part-$117.00!!!!!

If you must buy, check out my post in buy/sell. I have 4 new sensors.

Anthony

Do you know exactly where it is leaking from? Is it the schrader valve or the valve stem or the grommet? If it is the valve stem then yeah you need a new sensor and then you have to get it registered. if it is the schrader valve just buy the tool and ask a tire store one. remove and replace. the grommet requires the fit kit which consist of grommet, washer and nut. Or I just thought of this...you if it is leaking from the grommet you may want to try tighten the nut around the valve stem. Just snug it dont overtighten the stem can break (happened to me once).

Turns out in my case that when the service tech "misted" my car for the mouse peeing in the AC ducts, he unplugged the Main/2nd switch underneath the passenger dash board. This is what caused my warning lights. All better now.

I did ask my service rep if the tire sensors are covered and she said they are definately covered under the 4 year/50,000 mile warranty.

The only time they won't cover them is if they are mounted on aftermarket products and installed by someone other than them. This is according to Herb Chambers Lexus.

sj