Picking Up A New Lexus

Darren Y.

Are you interested in detailing the car yourself or having a professional do it?

If so I would ask the dealer not to prep it and either do some detailing yourself (check out the detailing forum) or take it straight to a professional you trust.

Some dealers really screw up the prep...

Other than that theres not much, most dealers make a nice show of it. Very enjoyable...

Look very closely for chips and or scuffs. My 350 had a small chip and it turned into a three ring circus trying to remedy the problem to everyone's satisfaction (i.e. swapping hoods as to not have aftermarket paint, et cetera.)

Clearly my experience was not common at all; yours should be enjoyable.

Thanks for the replys,

I was just wondering if there are any defects that have plagued lexues in the past that I should keep an eye out for.

Thanks.

No defects that I know of in the 08 that does not seem to have been fixed from the 07. And so far this year we have not heard of anything new on the 08s, so I really don't know what you should keep an eye out for. Just buy and drive! It's a fun experience!

Thanks for the replys,

I was just wondering if there are any defects that have plagued lexues in the past that I should keep an eye out for.

Thanks.

I picked up my new 08 about 3 months ago. I did a test drive and inspected the car for any shipping damage. Turns out the car was perfect. I'm sure yours will be too.

The new car feeling lasts a long time with a Lexus. You're in for a very good time. Enjoy!