Canadian Built Rx330: Temporary Vin?

rojda

I am buying a new RX330. I put a deposit on one at my dealership over a month and a half ago and I was given a VIN number on my deposit slip. The car was supposed to come in 2 weeks ago, so I went into the dealership and they told me it was delayed by a month. When I asked to see the delivery paperwork, I noticed that the VIN number initially assigned to me had changed. The dealer said that Canadian RX330s are issued temporary preproduction VIN numbers until they ship out and then they get their permenant VIN numbers later. However, when I checked Carfax it seems to show that both the first and second VIN numbers they gave me are real VIN numbers. Therefore I think the dealer sold my car to someone else and is now replacing it. Has anyone heard of temporary VIN numbers being assigned to Canadian RX330s while they are being built?

No...they pulled the switcheroo on you. Two VINs means two vehicles. The one thats coming is not the one they said you'd be getting.

Could mean they never ordered it (my guess) or they ordered the wrong car (happened to me).