Brake Lights Not Illuminating When Brake Is Pressed

lexfourcam

so the other day i took my girlfriend to take a driving test in my car and turns out the brake lights dont work.... how have i not got pulled over yet i do not know does any one have any idea what this could be? im thinking its the lil solenoid in the brake pedal that couldve went bad... TIA

From my experience with Lexus cars, when the switch at the brake pedal fails, it is also difficult or impossible to shift the transmission out of Park without pressing the override button near the shift lever. Is this the case with your car? When the brake pedal switch has failed on my cars, the failure has been intermittent. Sometimes the brake lights work and I can shift out of Park and sometimes not.

yea i used the shiftlock release i had to take the whole shifter apart to get to it and i found alotta womens makeup in there which was wierd cleaned all that out. but yea it wouldnt shift outta park until i did that so i guess im gonna replace that solenoid.