Navigation Problems

Hi Fellas,

I went through the forum searching for this particular problem and I do see people are having sort of the same problem I'm.

I own a 2006 IS250 AWD with navi/bluetooth system. I believe my GPS isn't working at all, cause I don't see the "gps" indicator on the top left screen at any time. Also, I have re-calibrate my position manually, because for no reason the navigation has me somewhere else. Should i take this to the Lexus dealer to see if something is unplugged or damage to the navigation system? and How much would it exactly cost me?

Thanks guys

Hi Fellas,

I went through the forum searching for this particular problem and I do see people are having sort of the same problem I'm.

I own a 2006 IS250 AWD with navi/bluetooth system. I believe my GPS isn't working at all, cause I don't see the "gps" indicator on the top left screen at any time. Also, I have re-calibrate my position manually, because for no reason the navigation has me somewhere else. Should i take this to the Lexus dealer to see if something is unplugged or damage to the navigation system? and How much would it exactly cost me?

Thanks guys

Lexus is known for replacing entire components, Rather than fix what's wrong. Be prepared for sticker shock.

If it's covered, Then that is good news. Then you can laugh at the sticker shock of the replacement nav.

I read somewhere that tinted windows sometimes mess up the GPS signals. Is your IS tinted?

Hi, my windows are very much tinted. But, i read it somewhere as long as its not metallic it should be fine. Just curious, where is the GPS receiver installed? Because I do see a black adapter before the rear mirror.

Many Thanks

If it's covered, Then that is good news. Then you can laugh at the sticker shock of the replacement nav.

I read somewhere that tinted windows sometimes mess up the GPS signals. Is your IS tinted?

Hi, my windows are very much tinted. But, i read it somewhere as long as its not metallic it should be fine. Just curious, where is the GPS receiver installed? Because I do see a black adapter before the rear mirror.

Many Thanks

The small black thing by the rear view mirror is the auto rain sensor and not the GPS antenna. Obviously on the 2007 and beyond, the GPS antenna is integrated into the shark fin on the roof line. I would think that the 2006 antenna would be mounted in the dash or perhaps somewhere on the rear window.

I have very "illegal" :rolleyes: 5% tint all the way around, and it's metallized. I get Sirrus, and XFM perfectly, and I don't have any Nav issues.

It's possible the Nav unit may need to be reset or recalibrated, or the GPS sensor is bad.