Removal Of Centre Console For Rx330

pbc

I've found a few threads for the RX300, but none for the RX330. I have an appointment on Wednesday for them to remove the console (have something stuck and the cup holder lid doesn't fully open, think it's a credit card!) but wouldn't mind trying myself!

Help!

Thanks,

Steve

I've found a few threads for the RX300, but none for the RX330. I have an appointment on Wednesday for them to remove the console (have something stuck and the cup holder lid doesn't fully open, think it's a credit card!) but wouldn't mind trying myself!

Help!

Thanks,

Steve

slide the console as far back as possible. move both front seat forward and you may have to tilt the seats up so you have access. there are 2 panels on each side. they pop off with the help of a flat head screwdriver. with the panels off you'll see 6 10 mm bolts. 3 on each side remove the bolts. on the right side you'll see a cable attached to a lever unhook the cable from the lever. lift the front of the console there is a connector and a clip. disconnect the connector and clip that hold part of the wireloom to the air duct. now just lift and it should come out. the front of the console (cupholder side) comes off. Its held by clips and the cupholder are held in by screws.

• 1 month later...

Help!

Thanks,

Steve

slide the console as far back as possible. move both front seat forward and you may have to tilt the seats up so you have access. there are 2 panels on each side. they pop off with the help of a flat head screwdriver. with the panels off you'll see 6 10 mm bolts. 3 on each side remove the bolts. on the right side you'll see a cable attached to a lever unhook the cable from the lever. lift the front of the console there is a connector and a clip. disconnect the connector and clip that hold part of the wireloom to the air duct. now just lift and it should come out. the front of the console (cupholder side) comes off. Its held by clips and the cupholder are held in by screws.

Thanks, ended up fishing out my cards with a hanger (was quite the pain). Sounds like there's still some paper or something in there, but not a bother. Didn't end up paying Lexus to remove it but will keep this handy!

• 2 years later...

So today I had a coin fall into the front lid again, completely preventing it from opening. So I finally went and tried the instructions. Pulled the console out completely (after disconnecting everything), removed the front plastic plate, still couldn't get the lid open. Had to unscrew the cup holder assembly from the center console, and it still wouldn't open. So had to then unscrew the sliding lid from the cup holder assembly. In doing so, two small plastic like washers and a spring like device (I guess which allows the lid to open close smoothly) came flying out, and I have no clue where/how to put them back!

Does anyone have an assembly drawing of this thing?! Picture is attached ...post-77632-0-62364900-1293579600_thumb.j

Help!

Thx