Ul Seats Vs. Normal Seats

Darren Y.

Does anyone know how big the difference is between the UL - semi aniline leather seats versus the normal leather seats?

I've heard some people say that the difference is huge, and others say that the difference is small. What's your take on it?

I was about ready to buy a non-UL ES (it did have NAV) but then I test drove a UL. Count me as one who thinks the difference is huge. I found the upgraded leather to be much softer and and it has a much higher-quality feel and look. In fact, for me, I find the entire UL upgrade to be a bargain if one is already looking at a NAV equipped ES.

I agree with Tango. The leather in the UL is softer and the UL package is a nice upgrade. I even like the Panoramic roof...which I didn't think I would. But unless you are up close, it looks like a normal roof but much easier to clean and you don't need to wax it! I just hope that if something hits the roof it doesn't shatter (crossing my fingers).

I also like the Mark Levinson system. It does take some time to get used to since I was always "trained" for the loud bass. The ML system has much truer tones and even the smallest instrument is heard.

Of course, you have to weigh the UL package with the cost and your budget. Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
Big difference. Had a loaner and just love when i got my car back. Feel comfort etc is much different. Plus cleaning and appearance after time the UL looks like new as i can see the other age quickly.

Speaking of cleaning the UL leather, I'm about to receive my new ES350 UL in a week or so and would like suggestions on how best to take care of the special leather.

From my shopping and looking at the UL/Levinson equipped cars versus a base ES350, there's a HUGE difference (in my opinion) in the leather. Definitely much softer.

Also, the salesman told me about the capability in the ultra package where there's a seat extender on the drivers side. Said it will reduce fatigue on the legs in longer drives.

Would anyone care to comment on their opinion on the seat extender?

Thanks!

Speaking of cleaning the UL leather, I'm about to receive my new ES350 UL in a week or so and would like suggestions on how best to take care of the special leather.

From my shopping and looking at the UL/Levinson equipped cars versus a base ES350, there's a HUGE difference (in my opinion) in the leather. Definitely much softer.

Also, the salesman told me about the capability in the ultra package where there's a seat extender on the drivers side. Said it will reduce fatigue on the legs in longer drives.

Thanks!

The seat extender is a nice added feature in the UL models. I leave mine in the fully extended mode most of the time, but on long drives I sometimes re-adjust it to increase my comfort. This feature is also controlled when you have the seat memory set.

Thanks!

The seat extender is a nice added feature in the UL models. I leave mine in the fully extended mode most of the time, but on long drives I sometimes re-adjust it to increase my comfort. This feature is also controlled when you have the seat memory set.

AMF - Thanks for your insights!