'08 350 Brake Squealing

I have been having major issues with my 2008 gs 350 brakes. After about 5K miles I started hearing a low pitched squealing when I would come to a complete stop. I took it in they put some lubricant and it did NOT fix it. Instead, I started hearing a high pitched squeak when I tapped the brakes. Now at 8K miles, I hear the squeaking CONSTANTLY from 55 mph and under, even when I don't brake at all!! The noise gets much louder the warmer my car is, so after about 10 mins of driving, the sounds are unbearable. I hear it with my windows rolled up and the music playing. I've been in touch with corporate, and the are of NO HELP AT ALL!!! I'm so dissatisfied with their customer service.

WHAT DO I DO!?

Welcome to the LOC, mimi :cheers: What is the dealership telling you about the problem? I assume you've taken it back since they just sprayed it with lubricant. Make sure that you take a technician in the car with you so they can hear what you're talking about. It's odd that they can't get rid of the squealing, but just keep at it. If you feel that contact with corporate is warranted then make sure you send certified letters so you have your documentation of all the dialogue you've had with them. Although, it's not a bad idea to get involved with corporate, I think the timing should be appropriate. I feel that you should give the dealership its tries to remedy the issue, before you get Lexus coming down on them. Let us know what transpires. Ray

I've actually have been back and forth with Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA (5 times in a span of 3 months) and they've repeatedly told me there is nothing they can do. The Service Rep tells me that this is a common problem with the new GS. Although I haven't found much on the web. I would think if this was common, I would find it all over forums and what not. The Service Rep was the person that suggested calling corporate. He told me that there have been cases where they have totally replaced the car and other times where the customer was given their money back. BUT they are unwilling to do anything for me because the squealing has nothing to do with safety, but rather to do with inconvenience.. HOW DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE?!?!

Has anyone heard of this kind of issue?

Should I get aftermarket brakes? Will that mess with my warranty?

How is it possible to have a car 6 months old have such HUGE issues with brake noise?

A couple of weeks ago,I had my dealer service dept take off the stock dusty pad to a less dusty pad.No TSB but no charge.

I only had a couple of hundred miles on it so I didn't have any squeal but hated the load of dust.

I had the same thing done on an IS I owned.There was a TSB for excessive brake dust on that model.

Kill two birds with one stone and swap out the brake pads.

Pohanka is an awful dealer. Take it somewhere else and work with the service manager to get the repair covered.

They should at least try and swap the pads out once,

Try Alexandria or Rockville.

I have just returned from Pohanka with exactly this same problem on my '07 gs350. I recieved the same response.."Nothing can be done, all gs350s have this problem." This is my third attempt to have this problem remedied with Pohanka. I would be interested in hearing if you were able to get the problem resolved elswhere.

So yes, I took my car to Lindsays and they gave me new front brakes. No noise! How simple was that. Although the service rep was resistant to giving me new brakes knowingly they will eventually start making the noise in about 5K. But, after I went for a quick drive to show the mechanic the noise, it was very clear that it's not a normal sound and no one should have to drive like that.

The service rep also mention a TSB on these brakes that are supposed to come out in a few months... Is this true? Is there actually a solution to this mess? Has anyone heard of this? OR have I been fed more BS from Lexus.

The service rep also mention a TSB on these brakes that are supposed to come out in a few months... Is this true? Is there actually a solution to this mess? Has anyone heard of this? OR have I been fed more BS from Lexus.

I thought this TSB was already out. They swap out the brake pads for a type that creates far less brake dust.

steviej

I think that TSB were for 06 and 07 and only for brake dust and not with the squealing/squeaking. That's what the rep at Lindsays told me. I've searched everywhere for info on a TSB for the 08 squeaking and haven't found anything.

I thought this TSB was already out. They swap out the brake pads for a type that creates far less brake dust.

steviej

Not yet on the '08 but like I mentioned,my dealer service still did the brake pad swap for me.Others with 08s have had it done free also.

A lot less dust and no squeaking. :)

• 5 months later...