Es350 Quality Compared With Rest Of Line

healinginfluence

I own a 2001 Mercedes E320 4Matic. I am seriously considering buying a 2008 Lexus ES350. I test drove the car last Saturday. I like the size, the quietness, the keyless go (I love that) and the chilled seats. The seats feel softer than I am used to and I am not sure if I will get accustomed to them or not. Adding an antenna for sat radio is another negative but no car is perfect.

I wanted to ask how the reliability is on these puppies. Is it as good as the other cars. I can't really afford an LS and the GS is also more than I want to spend.

Any MB converts out there?

Also any reason to wait for the 09. The salesman said it will be the same car but I will get a lower price on an 08.

My 08 ES/UL has been flawless, but I've only had it a few months. The latest JD Powers report says that the ES has the best reliability of the Lexus fleet. Consumer Reports recent buying guide give the LS and ES the highest marks for reliability, but only rate the GS reliability as "average."

It's a personal decision on the end of year lower prices on a Lexus. I've found that the savings aren't much better than just negotiating a really good deal on the new model a couple of months after they come out. And even if one gets a slightly better price on last year's model, you also take a hit on resale since it's considered a year older than a new one.

Healing_:

hello and I suggest you look at other threads in this forum for more in-depth comparison of 350 versus bmw, infiniti mercedes, acura etc

From much research the biggest difference you would see in lexus from your Mer. E class is that M is more sport, handles fast turns better and is a more sportier car.

The newer 350 is fast in a straight line will feel the brakes auto braking taking fast curves but is a total luxury ride. bumps, braking is like you are surrounded by a fluffy slipper, softer seats add to the slipper feeling. Sport cars you feel the road but also the bumps!

note that 2007 had a lot of issues as first year production, but 2008 seems to have fixed issues and made some slight adjustments to things that bugged people.

had mine (black on black UL with ML stereo- get that ml stereo;lot complaints on stock, (some on ML too)_ with nav.)

Love it!!

Good luck

I own a 2001 Mercedes E320 4Matic. I am seriously considering buying a 2008 Lexus ES350. I test drove the car last Saturday. I like the size, the quietness, the keyless go (I love that) and the chilled seats. The seats feel softer than I am used to and I am not sure if I will get accustomed to them or not. Adding an antenna for sat radio is another negative but no car is perfect.

I wanted to ask how the reliability is on these puppies. Is it as good as the other cars. I can't really afford an LS and the GS is also more than I want to spend.

Also any reason to wait for the 09. The salesman said it will be the same car but I will get a lower price on an 08.

I agree with my "detailing bud" rjt! I drove everything before I bought my black on black 08 ES350 UL in December. I drove MB C and E, BMW 3 and 5 Series, Infiniti G and M, Cadillac CTS and STS, and Acura TL and RL. I chose the ES because I wanted luxury, interior quiet and reliability (I only have about 7000 miles on it so I am gonna have to wait awhile to give feedback on the reliability). The BMW is great if you want the "fast around a corner" handling, same with Infiniti...but I found them to be a little less quiet inside. I was surprised by the Cadillac...I wanted the CTS but it didn't have bluetooth but the STS did...but I would have bought the CTS if I would have picked the Caddy. The MB was similar to the BMW in my opinion...they were also 10K more expensive. Same with the Acura RL. For the money and my desires of comfort vs. "driving enthusiasts", I chose the Lexus. Good luck with your choice. Hope we helped.

I had my sat radio installed inside my car beside the back brake light and reception is fine. no issues and no one can see it.

I still own some Honda products and after 100,000+ km, they still feel tight. i can start to feel my ES loosing up after 30,000km which ive not experienced with my Honda's

Lexus is way better quality materials inside. The seats, dash, pretty much everything out does Honda or Acura. Power Plants and tranny's however is a toss up. I have a 5 year old Honda van that tracks straight as an arrow and never any issues. i have to "drive" my lexus. The honda's and Acura let you feel road which does just that, "feel" the road. i recently hit a gopher and i didnt feel a thing in my ES. The honda's would have told me if i hit a male or female (rougher ride).

so, that being said, the threads say it all. You want feel or handling, buy something else. You want qaulity of materials inside and out, buy a lexus. Power plants and tranny's, my experience with Honda's and acura's has been "never an issue". my year old ES just got a new tranny because i was tired of that damn flare. i dont think the tranny would have broke down however, i paid for something to work correctly, i want it too!!!

would i buy another?? let you know in 4 years when i replace this one. My other car (my wifes) however i think will always be a Honda or Acura. been 12 years total of worry free driving and trade in's have made them the least expensive cars ive ever owned (even out beating my used cars from my younger days)

My advise, buy one. you wont hate it. chances are you will love it like most of us do. I really wish i truely knew what the best car in this class for "ME" is. im hoping its the one im driving.

Cheer!!

I had my sat radio installed inside my car beside the back brake light and reception is fine. no issues and no one can see it.

I still own some Honda products and after 100,000+ km, they still feel tight. i can start to feel my ES loosing up after 30,000km which ive not experienced with my Honda's

Lexus is way better quality materials inside. The seats, dash, pretty much everything out does Honda or Acura. Power Plants and tranny's however is a toss up. I have a 5 year old Honda van that tracks straight as an arrow and never any issues. i have to "drive" my lexus. The honda's and Acura let you feel road which does just that, "feel" the road. i recently hit a gopher and i didnt feel a thing in my ES. The honda's would have told me if i hit a male or female (rougher ride).

so, that being said, the threads say it all. You want feel or handling, buy something else. You want qaulity of materials inside and out, buy a lexus. Power plants and tranny's, my experience with Honda's and acura's has been "never an issue". my year old ES just got a new tranny because i was tired of that damn flare. i dont think the tranny would have broke down however, i paid for something to work correctly, i want it too!!!

would i buy another?? let you know in 4 years when i replace this one. My other car (my wifes) however i think will always be a Honda or Acura. been 12 years total of worry free driving and trade in's have made them the least expensive cars ive ever owned (even out beating my used cars from my younger days)

My advise, buy one. you wont hate it. chances are you will love it like most of us do. I really wish i truely knew what the best car in this class for "ME" is. im hoping its the one im driving.

Cheer!!

Hello,

Did you happen to read my thread on an issue that sounds similar to yours. I have been having problems since my third "attempt" at aligning the car and since have experienced a lot of "torque steer" (per the Field tech, not me) etc. Any thoughts? I agree that the workmanship inside of the car is great whereas they really screwed up on under-the-hood components such as the transmission and and other steering components.