Referrals For Extended Warranty Companies

MyFirstLexus99

Hello - I am a new Lexus owner... just purchased a 99 Lexus RX300, with 73K miles.

I am shopping for extended warranties and was hoping that someone in this forum might be able to provide a referral to a company that has been reliable with good coverage.

I am looking at 5yr/100K powertrain coverages. Two companies so far that I've compared is Warranty Direct and Carchex. One has a 90 day / 1000 mile waiting period with 3 deductible options and is the direct administrator and the other has a 30 day / 1000 mile waiting period with only a $100 deductible option and has a third-party administrator.

I would feel much more comfortable if someone who has had positive experiences with an extended warranty company could assist me with who they have used or know of some place I should consider.

Please feel free to email me directly.

Thank you very much!!!

• 3 months later...

I bought an 01 with 75K back in january. They recommended I buy a Continental warranty thats good for 4 years or 48000 miles. It ran me 2000$ ! But my tranny was just acting up, so I called them about it and they referred me to a local Cottman. They diagnosed and repaired everything with 0$ out of my pocket. They replaced some solenoid valves in the tranny. Though I was told this warranty covers everything when I bought it, but really it covers more major stuff. Engine & drivetrain, Power accessory motors and switches. Its supposed to cover dashboard electronics but they wont pay for a light bulb that burned out behind my instrument panel. So... For the big stuff its working out for me. Good luck. continentalwarranty.com

• 2 weeks later...
Hello - I am a new Lexus owner... just purchased a 99 Lexus RX300, with 73K miles.

I am shopping for extended warranties and was hoping that someone in this forum might be able to provide a referral to a company that has been reliable with good coverage.

I am looking at 5yr/100K powertrain coverages. Two companies so far that I've compared is Warranty Direct and Carchex. One has a 90 day / 1000 mile waiting period with 3 deductible options and is the direct administrator and the other has a 30 day / 1000 mile waiting period with only a $100 deductible option and has a third-party administrator.

I would feel much more comfortable if someone who has had positive experiences with an extended warranty company could assist me with who they have used or know of some place I should consider.

Thank you very much!!!

Interstate Auto...Diamond (bumper to bumper). Have had them on both new and used car purchases through my credit union, and they have paid out on all items that were covered in the contract to date (have had one or more policies in effect with them for over 10 years)...noting that they work with most dealers. Hubby's Caddie and Nissan were serviced at their respective dealerships and in each case, the dealers direct billed Interstate, so no money out of pocket.

Thank you very much!!!

The nice thing about the Lexus is that you can get a Lexus warranty from your dealer. With a Lexus Warranty, you do not have to sweat the company going out of business or playing with coverage.

Lexus Warranty Info

I believe that you can even shop around for the best price, so I would call the Forum sponsor dealerships as well as your local dealer.

~Brian