Reprogamming Automatic Door Locks

kstrunk72

I have a 1997 Lexus LX 450. I would like to turn off the automatic door locks. I have locked my keys in my car with the ignition on because I open the passenger side door and start the car and then shut the door to go back inside and all of the doors are locked. The manual says that it will not lock the doors if any door is open but if I start the car with the passenger door open, it still locks all of the doors. Is there a way to turn this feature off without going to a dealer? Thanks.

I have a 1997 Lexus LX 450. I would like to turn off the automatic door locks. I have locked my keys in my car with the ignition on because I open the passenger side door and start the car and then shut the door to go back inside and all of the doors are locked. The manual says that it will not lock the doors if any door is open but if I start the car with the passenger door open, it still locks all of the doors. Is there a way to turn this feature off without going to a dealer? Thanks.

I don't know if there's a way to change it, but if there were it would probably be in the owner's manual. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no easy way to change it, because if the system is operating properly, it's virtually impossible to lock your keys in the car with the engine running. Does it just do this under a scenario with the front passenger door is open and the others close, or will it still auto lock do with any of the 3 passenger doors open?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
i got the same problem hel[p

Can anyone help me with the key fob programming on the following: 96 LX-450.

Here are my instructions for a 1996 LX-450 (right out of the manual) for the page related to:

IGNITION SWITCH-ACTIVATED AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK

FYC, ON or START will lock the doors. They unlock when the key is turned back to LOCK or ACC.

There apparently is no method to program it to disengage the feature. The booklet says the following only, at least for a 1996 model.

Auto door locking:

1. enter vcehicle/close all doors securely.

2. Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it to ON or START.

all of the doors will automaitically lcok. This feature will not work while if any door is open; all of the doors must be closed securely.

Automaticd Door Unlocking.

Turn the key to ACC or LOCK

The automatic unlock feature will not work if door is unlocked and opened before the key has been turned back to LOCK or ACC.

NOTE: The feature only works once before the doors are opened and closed again.

The RX350 and nearly all Lexus have personalized settings. Here they are in PDF for the RX350 and they should be similar for other models. My doors do not lock when driving off, engaging the transmission or at any other time because the setting were changed from default.

The dealer simply hooks up the computer and changes the settings. The first setting adjustment is usually free.

RX350_LPS.pdf

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I know it has been a while since the last reply, but could someone confirm if you got a way/method to lock/unlock doors with gear shift?

I have asked the dealer to do that for me, and they said there is no option at the computer to do that feature!!!?

Thanks

Hi there,

I know it has been a while since the last reply, but could someone confirm if you got a way/method to lock/unlock doors with gear shift?

I have asked the dealer to do that for me, and they said there is no option at the computer to do that feature!!!?

Thanks

RX330 has a CBEST setting available for that. I think you can do it yourself. Let me double-check.

Hi there,

Thanks

RX330 has a CBEST setting available for that. I think you can do it yourself. Let me double-check.

OK. Just did it on an '05 RX330. Here's what you do: Ignition on, engine off, doors closed. Hold unlock button down on driver's door for 5 seconds, release. Door locks will give confirmation lock/unlock. Start engine. Door locks will lock in Park, unlock in gear.