Afs Off Light On

JGTNewLexusOwner

This is probably a stupid question but my AFS OFF light is on and I do not know how to turn the AFS system back on. The owner's manual states that I should have an AFS switch near my left knee, but I do not. The AFS is definitely off and not working. I even checked to ensure that that on dash sensor (on top near the front center of the windshield) is not blocked. Before I contact the dealer, I thought maybe someone here can help. Thanks in advance!!!

no stupid ?'s and stupid is on lexus for not correcting the manual

searched the net found this in another lexus board---my wife is out in my car OMG!!!!!!! so i could not check

cheers

I know for sure I have the AFS headlights - have seen them in action at night. While the manual and the Quick Guide has the button appear to be on the dash, it is actually UNDER the dash below the steering wheel. You'll have to get outside of the car and get on your knees to look under the cover below the steering wheel. The button for resetting the tire pressure monitor will be there, too. (There's another button similarly located beneath the glove box for something else I can't think of right now.)

no stupid ?'s and stupid is on lexus for not correcting the manual

searched the net found this in another lexus board---my wife is out in my car OMG!!!!!!! so i could not check

cheers

I know for sure I have the AFS headlights - have seen them in action at night. While the manual and the Quick Guide has the button appear to be on the dash, it is actually UNDER the dash below the steering wheel. You'll have to get outside of the car and get on your knees to look under the cover below the steering wheel. The button for resetting the tire pressure monitor will be there, too. (There's another button similarly located beneath the glove box for something else I can't think of right now.)

If I remember correctly, the button under the glove box is for toggling between two sets of tires for the tire pressure monitoring system..

• 10 years later...
  • 7 months later...