Discount Tire Hires Monkeys

flop170

so i go and get new tires today... and it takes an hour and a half from start to finish.... and when they done i inspected each wheel in the parking lot.... and low and behold 2 of the 4 wheels had 3/4 of an inch worth of scratches all the way around the rims... very noticeable... i almost threw up!!! :angry: i pull the manager out and show him... and after they try to say it was already like that... and then realized that i wasn't happy... they offer to send off the wheels and get them refinished... ya! problem solved right? sort of... well they can't store my car on a lift there cuz they have to have wheels on the car to roll it in and out with... so i went and bought 2 more jack stands... jacked it up in my parents garage... and drove back with the wheels in the back of my dad's truck and dropped them off.... supposedly gonna be done friday... this whole deal wasted from 11:45 this morning to now 4:50.... so now i'm wasting the rest of my work day venting on here!!! ive always done business with discount tire and not once have i had this happen... so i'm not gonna stop using them... just be more cautious on who does the work... although i do have to give them props on taking care of the problem! anyways that was my day..... now cheer me up... i think i'll start to feel better if bartkat tells me a joke! lol...

Sorry to hear of your experience and I hope they make it right for you....

Every tire store within the national chains is vastly different in care and competence. There's a Discount Tire store in Cary, North Carolina that has the best management and crew that I've ever encountered anywhere. At least it did back in February 2007 when I dealt with them. They obtained and installed the current set of Bridgestone Alenzas on my wife's 2004 RX330 AWD and did a wonderful job being careful, courteous, professional, and timely to both of us. I would recommend them again in a heartbeat assuming the same staff is still there....

ya i'll definitely have a talk with them first next time... and i've been taking advantage of the time my car is up on stands... i touched up my calipers and put a new clear coat on them... and repainted the center of the rear rotors (ive been putting this off for forever, so this makes me happy)... so i guess this is all working out for the best... i just hope my wheels are amazing when i pick them up tomorrow!! still waiting on that joke bartkat... :P

ya i'll definitely have a talk with them first next time... and i've been taking advantage of the time my car is up on stands... i touched up my calipers and put a new clear coat on them... and repainted the center of the rear rotors (ive been putting this off for forever, so this makes me happy)... so i guess this is all working out for the best... i just hope my wheels are amazing when i pick them up tomorrow!! still waiting on that joke bartkat... :P

You might check the machines they use for mounting the tires. At most dealers, they are lined so as to avoid scratching or marring the rims. Not every shop has them on their machines, especially budget shops whose customers ride in on mostly steel wheels. Anyone who's invested in nice rims would be well advised to make sure the shop installing tires on their wheels have their machines properly lined and to ask the shop to properly torque the wheels instead of using the regular air guns. They may get grumpy for the extra 5 minutes it'll take them, but I would insist on it. Alloy rims are very easily damaged when overtorqued. Let us know how they turn out. B)

so i got my wheels back today!!!! and i forgot to tell you guys this... a friend of mine just happens to work at the place that discount tire uses to refinish wheels.... so this is what was sent back to me :P what do you guys think???

wheelclose.JPG

newwheels.JPG

And where is the pic of new exhaust? I bet the jerk you bought it from robbed you on the price too huh? ;)