Proud New Owner Of 97 Ls400 31k Miles

jstrong01

hey everyone I am the proud new owner of a 97 Lexus LS400 with only 31,700 miles on it. Bought it from an old lady that had kept it in a garage for the past 5 years without driving it. I was wondering what are some nice add ons or accessories that are available and what size are these darn license plate bolts that this car needs? Please let me know asap!!!!

hey everyone I am the proud new owner of a 97 Lexus LS400 with only 31,700 miles on it. Bought it from an old lady that had kept it in a garage for the past 5 years without driving it. I was wondering what are some nice add ons or accessories that are available and what size are these darn license plate bolts that this car needs? Please let me know asap!!!!

Welcome to the club! :cheers:

If your LS is in nice condition the dealer will even give you LEXUS licence plate covers gratis.

Accessories I would get are sunshade for the windshield, good wax for the paint, good tire spray to protect the rubber, leather cleaner and conditioner for the seats, deep grooved rubber matts, and a cleaning disc for the cd player. Oh yes, and premium fuel only .

If your LS is in nice condition the dealer will even give you LEXUS licence plate covers gratis.

Accessories I would get are sunshade for the windshield, good wax for the paint, good tire spray to protect the rubber, leather cleaner and conditioner for the seats, deep grooved rubber matts, and a cleaning disc for the cd player. Oh yes, and premium fuel only .

Lexus dealerships will give you free license plate covers? Your dealer must be very generous! Last time I checked, the ones at my local dealership were "on sale" for $59.00. :blink:

WOW. 32K for a 1997. I hope it was stored properly. Would hate to have a gas tank full of rust.

Would love to see pics of the car though!

Unless things were changed in the second-generation LSs, they have a plastic fuel tank. I know my '92 does. I doubt you will have to worry about rust.

Lexus dealerships will give you free license plate covers? Your dealer must be very generous! Last time I checked, the ones at my local dealership were "on sale" for $59.00. :blink:

I ran over my covers so I had to replace them. I had a choice. Buy the generic "LEXUS" covers they had for sale, or get covers that had the dealers name on them for free. Nobrainer! I don't know how other dealers work but it's worth a try.