Rx 300 Dash Light

miller5

I have a light on my dash that is on and I don't know what it is or how to fix it. It is the light that shows the image of the car and it looks like the taillights/backup lights need replacing but they don't. Is this an electrical problem?

thx...

I have a light on my dash that is on and I don't know what it is or how to fix it. It is the light that shows the image of the car and it looks like the taillights/backup lights need replacing but they don't. Is this an electrical problem?

thx...

Did you apply the brake and make sure all 3 brake lights are working? Don't forget center one.

thx...

Did you apply the brake and make sure all 3 brake lights are working? Don't forget center one.

All 3 lights are working......as well as all lights in the 3rd light...

thx...

When you start your your car is the indicator on immediately, or does it come on after after you hit the brake pedal? This will tell you if it is a brake light or a running light. It looks like the warning system works on resistance and sometimes it's just a dirty connection causing it to trip even though the bulbs are on. Try reseating all the bulbs. Another thing, sometimes after market bulbs will cause the indicator to trip (especially the long life ones). Pay particular attention to the center brake light. For some reason that is often the culprit.

PS; What's the status of your trans?

thx...

When you start your your car is the indicator on immediately, or does it come on after after you hit the brake pedal? This will tell you if it is a brake light or a running light. It looks like the warning system works on resistance and sometimes it's just a dirty connection causing it to trip even though the bulbs are on. Try reseating all the bulbs. Another thing, sometimes after market bulbs will cause the indicator to trip (especially the long life ones). Pay particular attention to the center brake light. For some reason that is often the culprit.

Thanks for the input.

As for the transmission, I dropped the pan and cleaned the filter (there was sludge all in it) and it is running better. It doesn't shift as hard when cold from 1st-2nd gear but it still isn't right. When it is warmed up it runs like a champ. Any suggestions? I read a post from someone that was having the same problem and they replaced the pump and everything was fine. Could this be a shudder problem?

thx...

Thanks for the input.

As for the transmission, I dropped the pan and cleaned the filter (there was sludge all in it) and it is running better. It doesn't shift as hard when cold from 1st-2nd gear but it still isn't right. When it is warmed up it runs like a champ. Any suggestions? I read a post from someone that was having the same problem and they replaced the pump and everything was fine. Could this be a shudder problem?

I read your other post about your transmission and the felt filter-wow. Who knew? Is the Mobil 1 synthetic compatible with T-IV fluid...?

Thanks for the input.

I read your other post about your transmission and the felt filter-wow. Who knew? Is the Mobil 1 synthetic compatible with T-IV fluid...?

I guess it could be the pump. I don't know of anyone trying to replace the pump to fix the problem. Most wait, like I did, until everything is shot and at that point you can't tell if the pump went bad causing poor lubrication and then causing everything else to fail or if it is a part going bad clogging the filter/pump which then causes everything to fail.

Mobil 1 full synthetic is not listed a T-IV compatible. This is not something I would normally try on my own. But the trans shop said they use it on all the failing Lexus transmissions they rebuild along with the felt filter and have no problems. Plus they were offering a 2 year 24K warranty so I thought it was a good time to try Mobil 1. If this trans didn't have design problems I would be using T-IV with a screen filter.