Kdss

GS400jon

Another $1700 for a very advanced feature? Do you really need it? Can you really tell its there?

I questions the value of KDSS beyond what is already in place on this excellent vehicle especially when I think that the ride is already phenomenal. I would never take this vehicle off-road anyway and on road it seems amazingly smooth. And lean in corners? Maybe if you drive like a lunatic you get excessive lean, I don't know as I don't see a problem here. So, maybe KDSS provides some small benefit that only a absolute perfectionist might notice. It would nice to see if one could detect it in a blind driving test. (You know what I mean!)

Anyway, KDSS is just one more thing that eventually could require maintenance. :D

Before this I drove a 1998 4Runner. Now, that was one stiff and unforgiving suspension. I think that we are starting to get to the point of diminishing returns once you get something that rides as nice as the GX470. I think we are all starting to become a bit obsessive, looking for the smallest of improvements. You start to wonder, will we ever be happy? You buy the SUV and your already starting to think about the next one. <_<

Is there anyone out there that has any experience on a GX equipped with KDSS versus a non KDSS version?

HI, I have been driving it for a week now - All I can say is - I Personally like it a lot -- the road handling is much better (compared to the demo without the KDSS) -- The ride is similar to a BMW sedan (I have a 745 and a merc S500 as well) - I will recommend highly - go for it !!

• 5 years later...

Hi - I too have a question on the KDSS for the 09 GX. I read on Yahoo Autos that the 09 GX 470 comes on one trim only that is Sport. I have also read somewhere that KDSS in not installed in the base trim from previous years. Does anybody know for certain whether KDSS comes as a standard feature for the 09?

Well, I would never compare the GX, even with KDSS, with a BMW sedan. The GX leans a lot on turns, it is what it is, a big top heavy truck with a very high center of gavity. You dont need to drive like a lunatic to get the GX to lean, any normal turn with moderate speed and you will notice body lean. KDSS will help quite a bit, but it is still no where cloase to a BMW.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 04 with KDSS. I am one of those strange people that does take the GX offroad. The KDSS works great to increase the wheel artictulation. The main reason for KDSS for me would be the improvement on the road. The KDSS version has much less body roll.

TexGX