Any Experience With Aftermarket Radio/dvd/nav/bt?

I have an 07 RX 350 with the standard radio. I want to BT so I am looking at some aftermarket radios that add touchscreen, NAV, BT, etc. Online i have found a faceplate adapter that replaces the radio with a double DIN opening and matches perfectly.

Has anyone done this? If so, what have you used for a wiring harness adapter? Is it possible for the steering wheel controls to still work?

Surely someone has upgraded the stock radio with something other then the Lexus Nav system.

Thanks for any advice. mABd0

• 2 months later...

A great head unit that offers NAv, back up camera, sat radio, DVD, CD, ipod, touchscreen, and even alot more blah blah blah's, is a Pioneer AVIC D-3. YOu get a ton of features for on of the best prices around so far.

Plug and play?, not quite that easy, but it does fit , and you can get a Metra harness and it will work. I installed mine, but if your not really comfortable with it, I suggest having it installed by a proffessional. Save yourself alot of greif. Sound Advice, and a few other commercial chains have the AVIC D3. And most of the time they have special offers going on like a free back up camera with install, or a free Sirrus or XFM or something.

• 4 weeks later...
I have an 07 RX 350 with the standard radio. I want to BT so I am looking at some aftermarket radios that add touchscreen, NAV, BT, etc. Online i have found a faceplate adapter that replaces the radio with a double DIN opening and matches perfectly.

Has anyone done this? If so, what have you used for a wiring harness adapter? Is it possible for the steering wheel controls to still work?

Surely someone has upgraded the stock radio with something other then the Lexus Nav system.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Alphadog,

any luck on this yet? I'm trying to do the same thing but my RX300 (2004 UK model) came with the sat nav but want to install my aftermarket sat nav....Pioneer AVIC HD1BT which i removed from my IS200 and replace the Mark Levinson Radio/changer. Got the radio panel from a guy in japan.

Anyone able to replace the Mark Levinson cd changer from the Lexus RX300/330/350/400h?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks for any advice.

I am also looking for the same 07 RX 350 double DIN faceplate adaptor. Where did you find it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
same here, also lookin for the radio panel.

found a guy in Japan but it's around 200 bucks, seems costy for a piece of plastic.

has someone found it cheaper ?

I never saw that this thread any action... I still haven't done anything in regards to changing my OEM receiver, but here is a double din plate:

http://shop.beatsonicusa.com/product.sc;js...t04?productId=5

I have not tried it yet, and will look for some cheaper alternatives.

same here, also lookin for the radio panel.

found a guy in Japan but it's around 200 bucks, seems costy for a piece of plastic.

has someone found it cheaper ?

I never saw that this thread any action... I still haven't done anything in regards to changing my OEM receiver, but here is a double din plate:

http://shop.beatsonicusa.com/product.sc;js...t04?productId=5

I have not tried it yet, and will look for some cheaper alternatives.

So, I am getting closer to a new project. In addition to the 2DIN faceplate, This company: http://www.pac-audio.com/products.aspx makes wiring harness adapters for our vehicles that give us 2 important functions:

1. Supposedly no wire cutting and full support for factory speakers and amp through a module that matches up with most major brand of radio

2. Support for steering wheel controls (through use another module).

Crutchfield sells these, but the crutchfield site says the RX is not supported, however the manufacturer's site says it is. Crutchfield told me the manufacturer's site is more up to date.

So for about $200 I can get the face plate and wiring modules, then maybe $600 for a 2XDIN GPS/BT/iPod integration head unit and I have what Lexus wanted $3000 for - I just lose the 6 disc changer.

Let's see if anyone else wants to take the plunge first..... the parts are all there to make it happen.

mABd0