Just Pulled A Piece Of Fencing From My 18" Runflats...are They Fi

I just picked up a piece of chain link fence in my driver side rear tire on my 08 GS350. The tire gauge didn't come on until I was less than a mile from my driveway. I picked it up going to and from town (~3 miles). I pulled the tire off, and placed the spare on. I noticed the spare tire is taller than the stock 18" tire. Is it safe to drive with the yellow spare on the rear (think positive traction unit spinning at different speeds because of tire heights)?

Also, are the runflats fixable (patch) or do you just replace them? I have never had to deal with runflats. But it was nice not having to stop and take care of the problem right there on the road.

Thanks!

I'd take it as an opportunity to ditch the runflats for a good set of traditional tires. You'll be very happy with the difference in the ride and handling once you loose the runflats.

No, I don't believe runflats can be patched. Chain link fence? Yikes.

I'd take it as an opportunity to ditch the runflats for a good set of traditional tires. You'll be very happy with the difference in the ride and handling once you loose the runflats.

Yes sir!

Best move I made on this car. :)

Yes sir!

Best move I made on this car. :)

me three. B)

sj

I am staying with the RF's. I can't have my wife changing a tire on the road. The ride quality if fine and handling is ok. It is not like we are hot rodding. ;) That is what our drag car is for. :D

Thanks for the responses. I guess I will see what Lexus does with the tire when she gets in. I hope they just patched it since we only drove a mile or so with the tire pressure light on.

I am staying with the RF's. I can't have my wife changing a tire on the road.

I guess I will see what Lexus does with the tire when she gets in. I hope they just patched it since we only drove a mile or so with the tire pressure light on.

She doesn't have too, that's what your Lexus Roadside Assitance is for.

My aunt once drove 100 miles on her run flat (maximum recommended). Couldn't be patched, had to be replaced, balanced etc. Total bill was upwards of $350 for one tire. Another reason for me to dump the RunFarts and put a spare in the trunk.

steviej

Another reason for me to dump the RunFarts and put a spare in the trunk.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have to ask; I have seen comments, in numerous posts about runflats in which people state that they have to put a spare in the trunk after getting rid of the runflats. My car has runflats, and has a spare in the trunk already. So....do I have to do anything different when my runflats are toast and I put non-runflats on?

Just curious...(and I think I set some sort of record for writing the word "runflats" in a single post :P)

--Duckman

Yeah why does she have to change a flat? Lexus Roadside, and when that runs out just get AAA. I haven't changed a flat in many, many years.

Its a MUCH better car without the runflats...

And no, Lexus started putting a spare in because almost all owners get rid of the runflats when they replace their tires because of their incredible cost. You're talking about $1200-$1500 to put new runflats on that car...thats madness.