Mobil 3309 Atf

miller5

I read somewhere in one of these threads that this could be used instead of type T-IV fluid. Is this true?

Yes. Both Mobil 3309 and Mobil Multi Vehicle trans fluid are Toyota TypeT-IV compatible. They are synthetic blends same as T-IV is. The Multi vehicle is new and may be hard to find. I ended up using Mobil 1 full synthetic, which I don't really recommend for everyone as it's not currently listed as T-IV compatible.

I read somewhere in one of these threads that this could be used instead of type T-IV fluid. Is this true?

Yes. Both Mobil 3309 and Mobil Multi Vehicle trans fluid are Toyota TypeT-IV compatible. They are synthetic blends same as T-IV is. The Multi vehicle is new and may be hard to find. I ended up using Mobil 1 full synthetic, which I don't really recommend for everyone as it's not currently listed as T-IV compatible.

We were talking last month about my transmission issues. I have done 3 drain and fills with T-IV fluid and it has not fixed the problem. Should I just flush and refill with this and get new metal filter? I am not sure the shop here put in a metal filter when they flushed and put the wrong fluid in it...

what year es300 do you have? I have a 2000 v6 solara which used the same engine and tranny as similar model ES300's and it did not require ATF-IV. I used Castrol Multivehicle DexIII compatible fluid instead without an issues and greatly improved shifting smoothness.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like you are running out of things to try before getting the transmission rebuild or replacement that many have already required. If I remember right, you already tried the sensor clean and swap and then even went to 2 new ones. I also remember a CEL, we thought was unrelated to the trans issue. I am assuming that was resolved. If not, resolve that first. It could be trans related.

At 3 d&f's just about all of the old fluid is out, so I don't think it is a fluid compatibility issue. You could try dropping the pan and replacing the filter and hope that it is maybe plugged or restricted enough to cause your problem. If you repace fluid again at this time I would just stick with T-IV.

what year es300 do you have? I have a 2000 v6 solara which used the same engine and tranny as similar model ES300's and it did not require ATF-IV. I used Castrol Multivehicle DexIII compatible fluid instead without an issues and greatly improved shifting smoothness.
I have a 96 es300 personally. These questions are regarding my wife's rx300...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like you are running out of things to try before getting the transmission rebuild or replacement that many have already required. If I remember right, you already tried the sensor clean and swap and then even went to 2 new ones. I also remember a CEL, we thought was unrelated to the trans issue. I am assuming that was resolved. If not, resolve that first. It could be trans related.

At 3 d&f's just about all of the old fluid is out, so I don't think it is a fluid compatibility issue. You could try dropping the pan and replacing the filter and hope that it is maybe plugged or restricted enough to cause your problem. If you repace fluid again at this time I would just stick with T-IV.

The CEL problem was fixed. Forgot to put hose on the air filter box when I put the MAF sensor back on after cleaning. Thanks for your input. I think I will be dropping the pan to see if the filter is clogged.......... <_<