Rear Seats Fold Down?

nc211

We looked a several 04' and 05' ES330's last night, but were unable to tell if the rear seats fold down or not? We weren't able to get inside of the cars to check. So, do they fold down in that model series?

Thanks all,

NC'

• 11 years later...

I want to open up what seems to be a passage from the trunk to the back seat of my "07 ES350.  There is the small, square passage behind the armrest, but I find a larger structure in the trunk that implies a fold-down function.  Also, in the trunk, on the underside of a panel just above the opening in question, a ring is attached to a wire cable, looking like it is to be pulled toward the driver's side.  It does not budge.  The owner's manual mentions nothing about any of this, even the obvious smaller opening.  Thanks for any guidance!  Steve C

The pass through from the trunk into the interior is explained in the owners manual on page 248.

The trunk release on the inside of the trunk that allows a trapped person to open the trunk is explained on page 24.

The owners manual for the 2007 ES350 can be viewed online at https://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om-s/OM33729U/pdf/OM33729U.pdf