Is Lexus Concealing A Potential Issue With The Es350?

nharish

I'm going to try and make sense of your post since its so poorly parsed...

DIFFICULT! PERCEPTIONS AGAIN. BTW, THAT WAS THE FIRST AND ONLY TIME I WENT TO THE DEALERSHIP.

But all Lexus dealerships have access to you and your car's service history.

OK. I AM JUST STATING WHAT THE DEALERSHIP TOLD ME THEY DID. THEY ALSO SAID THEY TEST DROVE MY CAR WHICH I KNOW THEY DID NOT. I HAD 4 INSTANCES OF FLARE ON THE SAME DAY I TOOK THE CAR BACK AND THE NEXT DAY. THE NUMBER OF INSTANCES PER DAY HAS REDUCED SINCE BUT STILL KEEPS HAPPENING BEFORE THE CAR HITS A STEADY TEMPERATURE.

Again, how do you know they didn't drive the car? You state the in and out mileage as the same and I just told you my service records routinely show that, yet I have physically watched them test drive the car...and even test ridden along.

YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND READ MY FIRST POST. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU HAVE NOT READ MY ORIGINAL POST. ITS SURPRISING THAT YOU MAKE STATEMENTS THE WAY YOU DO ABOUT THE PROBLEM AND WORSE ABOUT ME. IN A NUTSHELL, THEY CLAIM THAT THE CAR IS FIXED WHICH IS A BLATANT LIE.

They're not denying you service, they're just saying there isn't anything more they can do for you...which is why we told you to take the car somewhere else.

WRONG! I CAN GO OVER A PHYSICS 101 CLASS HERE AND THAT IS NOT TRUE. IF IT WERE, THEN MY OTHER SUV (RAV4) SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT. SO WOULD MY PASSAT AND MY SENTRA (REMEMBER WHEN YOU ARE DECELERATING, ITS ONLY A FACTOR OF THE CURRENT SPEED, NOT HOW MANY HORSES YOUR CAR CAN PUT OUT. SAME STORY FOR BRAKING). IT IS TRUE THAT ANY VEHICLE WILL CHOOSE TO PULL IN THE DIRECTION OF THE CROWN. HOWEVER, ONCE YOU COMPENSATE FOR IT, IT HOLDS ITS LINE. THIS VERY CAR USED TO BEHAVE THAT WAY. I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT CAN YOU WAKE UP SOMEONE THAT PRETENDS TO BE ASLEEP. SKPERFORMANCE, BTW, I NEVER SAID ONCE IN THIS FORUM THAT THE SUGGESTIONS GIVEN BY YOU WERE USELESS. NOR DID I SAY I KNOW EVERYTHING AND YOU GUYS KNOW NOTHING. ALL I HAVE DONE IS DISAGREE WITH SW03ES ON THE BASIS OF ETHICS. HE'S ASKED ME TO GO AND GET MY CAR FIXED ELSEWHERE (PAY OUT OF MY POCKET) AND I REFUSE PURELY ON THE BASIS OF PRINCIPLE. ALL I SAY IS THAT I HAVE DONE A LOT OF RESEARCH ON WHAT I SAY HERE AND AM NOT CORRUPTING FACTS.

No car I've ever driven or owned will hold its line against the crown of the road once I have corrected for it unless I hold the steering wheel firm. I can see the steering wheel moving in your video, obviously you aren't holding it firm. When you let go of the wheel...it will turn...you have to hold onto the wheel when driving the car.

Again, if you refuse to do what I and others suggest you do...why are you here? SK suggested the very same thing that I did.

If you have it fixed you can fight with Lexus for reimbursement...and the car will be fixed!'

I AGREE, IT IS THE LAW. HOWEVER, YOU DO HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE HASSLE OF PAYING UPFRONT AND FIGHTING OVER IT WITH LEXUS ALL OVER AGAIN. MOREOVER, THEY CAN CLAIM THAT THE CAR HAS BEEN MODIFIED ETC.

Oh waah waah. Life is full of hassles, deal with it.

And you're not fighting now?!? Why not have the car fixed so that you are happy with it and THEN fight with Lexus?

And...they can not claim that.

Again, you are supposedly here for suggestions. If you are just going to negate all of our suggestions...why are you here?

ITS NOT THAT I AM NOT INTERESTED. IF YOU ASK ME TO GO TO AN INDEPENDENT MECHANIC THAT KNOWS A LEXUS VERY WELL, I FIRST GOT TO FIND ONE. I AM SURE NTB OR A MIDAS OR A PEP BOYS IS NOT ONE OF THEM. ITS EASIER SAID THAN DONE. I AM NOT AT WAR WITH LEXUS OR TOYOTA. ALL I AM ASKING FOR IS SOME JUSTICE FOR WHAT I HAVE BEEN PUT THROUGH.

Do some research. Look at the yellow pages and find an independent mechanic that specifically mentions japanese imports or Lexus. You live in Chicago...there will be plenty.

I used to think there were none here...until I opened my eyes and looked and then I had a hard time deciding which one to go to.

You want "Justice" for what you've been "put through". Sorry pal, life doesn't work that way. You're an adult, you have not been wronged or damaged. You have a car that you swear doesn't operate properly...I've had cars that don't operate properly...I get them fixed.

I think this discussion is closed. You've asked for advice, we've given it to you now you have to decide whether you want to take it or not. We don't want to hear any more whining, we want to hear the results of the independent mechanic that looked at your car...or nothing at all.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HAVE THIS SAME EXACT PROBLEM. I NOTICE THAT I HAVE TO GREATLY HOLD THE WHEEL TO THE RIGHT IF THERE IS A LITTLE CROWN IN THE ROAD, AND OTHER TIMES THE CAR PULLS TO THE RIGHT SO I HAVE TO HOLD THE WHEEL TO THE LEFT... I HAVE HAD MY CAR ALIGNED FOR FREE BY THE DEALER. THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS AND IT REALLY IS ANNOYING. I REALLY AM CONTEMPLATING BUYING ANOTHER ONE OF THESE CARS AGAIN