New Fuel Injector Spewing Gas

Quikfix

Hello. This is a great forum! Thanks for all the great tips.

My issue is about replacing fuel injectors.

I purchased and received remanufactured fuel injectors. I replaced two on the back rail.

After putting everything back together, I started the engine. Fuel leaks out of the injectors/fuel rail area. As I shine a light on it, I see fuel coming down injector #3 (cylinder 3.) I worry that I did something wrong so I took it apart, moved 3 to position 5. I put back an old injector I know is good. I start the engine again and I see #5 leaking. It appears to be leaking from the top down. This last time was enough for a strong dripping action but leaked persistently.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

The new injectors I received (remanuf) are Denso 23250-20020. The have a 3130 in an imbedded box also.

As I look at the old injector, it has the same markings.

I would appreciate anyone's help. Smooth1, are you out there?

the O-rings that came with them are new. I also bought two sets for spares. I am putting them on the injectors I am putting back on the fuel rail.

I pulled the fuel rail off today. I took out the one injector that was spewing. I notice that the O-ring is smashed on a side. It was new. Is there a trick to putting the O-rings on and then putting the injector into the rail?

The manual that I read doesn't mention anything specific. I would totally understand if it was something I was doing.

I use a touch of oil on my fingertip to allow everything to seat without pinching the seals. Other than that just try to be a bit more careful, but be firm the first time, don't try to over do it.

Thanks, All!

You directed me to pay more attention to installing the injectors and that did the trick. I must have been rushing through this before.

I am relieved to know that it isn't bad injectors.

You guys rock. Thanks.