Windshield Cracked

My car purchased from June and the windshield glass got cracked today :cries:

Do you think dealer will hook me up for a new glass or do i have to claim insurance

Here in Florida, the insurance company has to waive the deductible on front w/s replacement perhaps in A2 is the same way.

There is a TSB calling for a fix on the poping noise from the w/s, did you hit anything or did it just happen, my 08 pops loud every afternoon, more or less same block on my way home

No, why would the dealership replace your glass? Should they replace your bumper if it gets backed into in a parking lot too?

Just put it into insurance, its not an at-fault claim.

I feel your pain bro. My windshield got cracked today as well. I was going about 60 on the freeway in one of the middle lanes. Something small hit my windshield (could have been a pebble or something) and heard a loud pop. Then I noticed a 2cm crack. After reaching my destination, I took a closer look and from the outside, I could see the point of impact at the midpoint of the crack. The impact point was very small which means it was something very small that hit my car at a very high speed. I am really *BLEEP*ed as I have owned the car just slightly over 2.5 weeks and just literally hit 500 miles on the car today. My sister has an 07 RX400h and her windshield was cracked the same way within 2 weeks of purchasing her RX. Anyhow, I am gonna call AAA and see what my options are. My sister told me they have a service that fills in small windshield cracks. Has anyone ever tried this service and if so, are there any negatives to the procedure that I should be aware of?

I feel your pain bro. My windshield got cracked today as well. I was going about 60 on the freeway in one of the middle lanes. Something small hit my windshield (could have been a pebble or something) and heard a loud pop. Then I noticed a 2cm crack. After reaching my destination, I took a closer look and from the outside, I could see the point of impact at the midpoint of the crack. The impact point was very small which means it was something very small that hit my car at a very high speed. I am really *BLEEP*ed as I have owned the car just slightly over 2.5 weeks and just literally hit 500 miles on the car today. My sister has an 07 RX400h and her windshield was cracked the same way within 2 weeks of purchasing her RX. Anyhow, I am gonna call AAA and see what my options are. My sister told me they have a service that fills in small windshield cracks. Has anyone ever tried this service and if so, are there any negatives to the procedure that I should be aware of?

Had the little crack in my windshield of a 1997 ES 300 filled a couple of months ago. No deductible, no charge, have glass coverage. It works well and keeps is from running, so you don't need a new windshield. Call your insurance company and they will send someone over and fix it with a mobile unit. Takes about 10 minutes. :)

Had the little crack in my windshield of a 1997 ES 300 filled a couple of months ago. No deductible, no charge, have glass coverage. It works well and keeps is from running, so you don't need a new windshield. Call your insurance company and they will send someone over and fix it with a mobile unit. Takes about 10 minutes. :)

Thanks juttabw! My sis told me the same thing. I have full coverage but am not sure if that includes window coverage (hopefully it does). Do you know if the crack can still be seen after it is filled, or does it still show up when looking from certain angles?

i need to change my whole w/s cuz the cracked is kinda huge right now, called dealer and they said about $1500~$1600, called my insurance company and i would have to pay $250 deductible and the insurance company will cover the rest of them, set up appointment next week with Henderson to replace the w/s

seems the w/s glass very easy get crack :censored:

Thanks juttabw! My sis told me the same thing. I have full coverage but am not sure if that includes window coverage (hopefully it does). Do you know if the crack can still be seen after it is filled, or does it still show up when looking from certain angles?

Mine was very small but right in my field of vision - driver side. It bothered me and I hoped it would disappear after they filled the little crack but it did not. Although it is hardly noticeable now. Maybe I got used to it. :rolleyes: I do have glass coverage as part of my comp/collision and the glass coverage has no deductible. Sometimes the glass companies will eat the deductibles on windshield repairs/replacement. Shop around and see if your deductible is high. My insurance company had a list of shops they like to deal with. Check it out. Might want to have your coverage amended - it's mininal cost, I am sure. Can't find the extra charge on my policy but I do have a seperate rider that covers glass. I use The Hartford.

i need to change my whole w/s cuz the cracked is kinda huge right now, called dealer and they said about $1500~$1600, called my insurance company and i would have to pay $250 deductible and the insurance company will cover the rest of them, set up appointment next week with Henderson to replace the w/s

seems the w/s glass very easy get crack :censored:

K Sport, I am sorry to hear. That really is a pain in the butt. Newer windshields do crack easier from high impact small objects. Most newer vehicles have windshields made from a thin plastic/film that is sandwiched between two pieces of tempered glass. This way the glass is stronger and if it cracked from the outside, the crack is usally contained to the outside without penetrating to the cabin as the plastic film in the middle helps dampen the force from the impact. Additionally if the impact were strong enough to make it to the cabin side of the glass the plastic film keeps it from shattering all over the people in the cabin. Either way though, no body likes a cracked wndshield whether it is biig or small. Good luck with the repair/replacement.

Mine was very small but right in my field of vision - driver side. It bothered me and I hoped it would disappear after they filled the little crack but it did not. Although it is hardly noticeable now. Maybe I got used to it. :rolleyes: I do have glass coverage as part of my comp/collision and the glass coverage has no deductible. Sometimes the glass companies will eat the deductibles on windshield repairs/replacement. Shop around and see if your deductible is high. My insurance company had a list of shops they like to deal with. Check it out. Might want to have your coverage amended - it's mininal cost, I am sure. Can't find the extra charge on my policy but I do have a seperate rider that covers glass. I use The Hartford.

Mine is also in my field of vision and is definitely visible from the cabin. Looks like a dark 2cm line. I am pretty sure that even with filler, it will still be visible. :( I think mine should be covered under the comprehensible portion of my insurance. And I think iif it is a fill service rather than replacement, then there is no charge. I'lll find out tomorrow for sure when I call the claims department. Thanks for the info!

I got mine the first week I owned my IS. Lovely indoctrination, if I do say so myself, watching that huge rock come towards my windshield and crack it. I got it to a w/s place, and they filled it for me. I forget how much it was, but it wasn't that much. And yeah, you can see where the crack was, but it doesn't spread beyond that. I had the car for about a year and a half, and the crack never grew.

Just got back from filling the windshield. During the curing process, the crack widened much more. It went from a small 2-2.5 cm crack to a 3-4 inch cack. Now it is really noticable and the guy said there is a really good chance that it will become worse over time. So it looks like I'm gonna have to claim a new windshield. The worst part is I don't even have plates yet. :angry: