90k Service

:unsure: its allmost time for me to do a 90k service on my car do u guys know whats included in it

and what should i pay for it at the stealership to have it done. The word is that this includes the water pump

Do you think is better 2 just go to the dealership or someone else in the ny area if you guys know any

:unsure: its allmost time for me to do a 90k service on my car do u guys know whats included in it

and what should i pay for it at the stealership to have it done. The word is that this includes the water pump

Do you think is better 2 just go to the dealership or someone else in the ny area if you guys know any

Each dealer has a different set of included services for their 90k service. Call the local dealers to compare prices and what comes with each package. Dealer is always going to be more expensive than an local shop.

I called a couple dealers in the area and got a variety of options for what was included in a 90k service. With the multiple options came multiple prices. Ranging from 1k - 2k. The water pump I was told is a "lifetime warranty" product and doesnt ever need to be replaced. Glad they have faith but running another 100k miles on anything is quite a reach, I would think that would require the part to be replaced.

Good luck with the service.

Each dealer has a different set of included services for their 90k service. Call the local dealers to compare prices and what comes with each package. Dealer is always going to be more expensive than an local shop.

I called a couple dealers in the area and got a variety of options for what was included in a 90k service. With the multiple options came multiple prices. Ranging from 1k - 2k. The water pump I was told is a "lifetime warranty" product and doesnt ever need to be replaced. Glad they have faith but running another 100k miles on anything is quite a reach, I would think that would require the part to be replaced.

Good luck with the service.

thanks time to bite the bullet :(

What year is your car? There are lots of reputable places other than dealerships to get your work done. You can also order the OEM parts online from vendors at a big discount. PM is you need more info, I'm in long island also.

My car is a 01 gs3 i set up a app on thurs at lexus of smithtown i just dont know of any private lexus shops iam they told me a quote of 1980 for the 90 k service they said thats a oil change diff fulid change and plugs and other things i dont need all those things just the timing belt. iam going to see how much it will b to not get all these things done.

i can wait if u know any good shops ill give them a try

thanks

There are a few things that you will want them to pay attention to...no matter where you take it.. I personally prefer dealerships or atleast experience over price ...lets put it that way... but there are alot of good mechanic shops ... stick to someone reputable not cheap nessasarily...! overhead of a dealership or large garage will raise or lower prices but all in all usually if there is a huge price difference there is more than one reason... As for the service usually drive belt timing belt water pump pretty standard... tuneup and diff fluid also... getting ready to have the second 90,000 mile done on my wifes 94 LS shortly and got quoted little less than a grand...That was at a dealership(toyota not Lexus...price difference there also) so it wont hurt to shop around... but belts and water pump... for sure. A few dollars now will save alot of heart ache later. ;) ...good luck

There are a few things that you will want them to pay attention to...no matter where you take it.. I personally prefer dealerships or atleast experience over price ...lets put it that way... but there are alot of good mechanic shops ... stick to someone reputable not cheap nessasarily...! overhead of a dealership or large garage will raise or lower prices but all in all usually if there is a huge price difference there is more than one reason... As for the service usually drive belt timing belt water pump pretty standard... tuneup and diff fluid also... getting ready to have the second 90,000 mile done on my wifes 94 LS shortly and got quoted little less than a grand...That was at a dealership(toyota not Lexus...price difference there also) so it wont hurt to shop around... but belts and water pump... for sure. A few dollars now will save alot of heart ache later. ;) ...good luck

thanks