Is This A Scam

My father once told me, "If its too good to be true, it probably is..."

what do you guys think?

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/786895265.html

I believe it is a scam... but just for s**ts and giggles, I wrote to the person to inquire about the car, and payment method required. This is what I got in return: (within about 5 minutes)

"Hi,

Thanks for taking a part of your time and visiting my ad 2006 Lexus IS IS350. I sell it at this price ($9,500) because i just finished the divorce with my husband.The reason for which i`m selling my 2006 Lexus IS IS350 is because i want to move further on with my life after my divorce,and let go of all the memories that me and my husband had.This car is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clean title.The car has 32000 original miles.This car may be purchased with money back guarantee.In summary you are permitted to buy and drive this car for 5 days or 500 miles. If you donʼt want the car, you can return it to me for a full money refund! From the begining you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the ebay.

It is simple and is great for both parties so that any lack of trust is eliminated.

I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon.

Thanks,

Diane Dawson"

It doesn't sound right to me, but hey, all you have to loose is $9,500!! ;)

It is definitely a scam... you can reply to the ad from another email address and say something completely wrong like, "I eat small children with surfboard fans" and you'll get the same automated response... these scams float everywhere along craigslist and the VIN's and everything match the model's in the ad's... try another reply from a different email and see how it goes... if its not a scam, I'll cough up the 9.5k really quick... i say cough up because i'd go pawn a kidney to get myself a dirty cheap IS... i might even have money left over for some gas.

Well--the link's been pulled down. So either it's a scam, or it's sold.

C'mon guys, you all went to school?, all these scams seem to be written in propper english until you read them carefully and note the extended effort on grammar, like the words don't flow. You can almost hear the strong accent in your head or should I say: You almost can listen to the strong accent in the inside of your head. Sometimes is subttle.

Deffintley a scam, Have a day that is good for everybody I wish.