1998 Gs300 Climate Control Question

Anybody ever notice that the air temperature of the outermost vents on the dash (not the door vents to defrost the side windows) is colder than the center vents after a few minutes with the heater on? This puzzles me. It's gotten to the point where I feel like I need to wear my coat to keep my left arm warm. Besides shutting the vent and freezing even more from the cold coming from the side window glass, is there anything I can do? Shouldn't all the dash vents blow the same temperature?

I'd love to see the system design diagram for the climate control in a '98. Can any good man point me to a website?

From what I understand, the actual temperature set and the temperature displayed are adjustable by the dealer either +2/-2 deg C. (+3.6/-3.6 deg F.) This change is available under the "Lexus Customization Chart" but is, as I said, a dealer only operation. Why this option exists is elusive to me. If you were not the original owner, it is possible that this setting was changed before you purchased the car. If this is the case, and it was changed at a Lexus dealer, it should be noted in the Lexus national registry associated with your VIN. A simple call to your dealer to check this out may give you your answer. This could be the cause of your issue, or something more serious such as a faulty temp. sensor or the like.