Hi Guys! New To The Forum

Calleigh

Hey everyone! i just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, my name's Calleigh and i'm 18 years old and i just graduated high school. I used to have an old Toyota Camry but my mom gave me her Lexus RX300 a few months ago for my birthday. I love itt!!!!

The only thing about the car is that it seems too "soccer-mom-ish". My boyfriend said i should do stuff to it but i'm not sure what. He's in college and works for a radio customization shop. He obviously wants to do things to my car but my mom doesn't like it lol.

He's already done a few things to the inside, something with the GPS system to make it look different but i can't tell the difference. He also did something to the speedometer to make the needles light up before the rest of the numbers and everything. He has a new Lexus and when you turn on the car the needles go on before the rest, he basically did that with my car. He's studying engineering so he's good with that stuff lol.

I want those rims that spin but he said it would look stupid :( Any suggestions as to things i should do to it? Thanks guys ;)

Hey everyone! i just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, my name's Calleigh and i'm 18 years old and i just graduated high school. I used to have an old Toyota Camry but my mom gave me her Lexus RX300 a few months ago for my birthday. I love itt!!!!

The only thing about the car is that it seems too "soccer-mom-ish". My boyfriend said i should do stuff to it but i'm not sure what. He's in college and works for a radio customization shop. He obviously wants to do things to my car but my mom doesn't like it lol.

He's already done a few things to the inside, something with the GPS system to make it look different but i can't tell the difference. He also did something to the speedometer to make the needles light up before the rest of the numbers and everything. He has a new Lexus and when you turn on the car the needles go on before the rest, he basically did that with my car. He's studying engineering so he's good with that stuff lol.

I want those rims that spin but he said it would look stupid :( Any suggestions as to things i should do to it? Thanks guys ;)

Welcome to the club :cheers: Nix on the spinners, They are way out of style, Especially on a Lexus, Or any other car for that matter.

Wait. An old Toyota Camry is not "soccer-mom-ish" ? ;)

Don't worry, you are definitely headed in the right direction with the RX300. And it's just human nature to want to customize your new possessions.

Spend that energy giving it the best wax job you can. That will help you 'own' it, and it'll look great.

Welcome to LOC, and pass on the spinners. Too ghetto.

Thanks for the responses, i guess i can pass on the spinners :P Oh gosh the Camry was horrible, it was a 1995 it was so slow. The Lexus is SO fast compared to the camry it's hard to get used to lol.

Umm it's a 2002 and it has like 71,000 miles on it. It's blue and the inside is tan. My mom just got a new car so she decided to give the Lexus to me :D And i found out i can take my car to college with me so i'm pretty happy about that!

I joined the forum because i want to know more about the car and if i ever have any problems you guys can help me :P I don't know how much help i could offer back but i'll do my best :blushing:

So far i don't think anything has gone wrong with it, just keeping my fingers crossed! lol

Welcome to club LOC.:cheers: Congrats on the RX and college. Smart moves all around. You'll find lots of help here, but your guy sounds like he could probably answer any questions you might have. Good luck Calleigh with your new wheels and your first semester!

;)

Thanks! My mom takes the car to Lexus a lot to have services done, that's why she wanted to give it to me because she knew how it had been taken care of.

i'll take a picture of my car tomorrow to show everyone! Yeahh my boyfriend is good with car stuff lol. He's so smart i'm so lucky :blushing:

Thanks for the welcome guys! :)