Pics Of The New Headlights!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GSlide how did not you not have to remove the entire bumper to get the high beams in?

My black high and low beams are coming next Tuesday

Many people have said you dont have to, but by no means did i see any other way. MAYBE if you bent the bumper cover back VERY hard, but then your risking damaging the paint.

I believe I just removed the Upper mounting screws. It gave me enough slack to be able to bend the cover and add the housings.

I wish i would have taken pictures, but in my case the only way that headlight could get out of there is to come straight up (because of how its supported below) and i tried bending the bumper cover back, it wasnt half of the distance needed to slide the housing out. Just go for it and see how it works out in your situation.

:rolleyes:

just bought some today.. can't wait to put them on

Save yourself the trouble and just pull the bumper cover off right off the bat, those highbeams are some tricky suckers. :lol: <_<

:rolleyes: any suggestion /instruction how to remove the bumper??? thanks

Hey are there other screws behind the low beams to get the top mounting bolt series out? I just took the two out that are above the high beams. If so, I'll just take the headlights out later...lol

:rolleyes:
just bought some today.. can't wait to put them on

Save yourself the trouble and just pull the bumper cover off right off the bat, those highbeams are some tricky suckers. :lol: <_<

:rolleyes: any suggestion /instruction how to remove the bumper??? thanks

LoL a wholelot of bolts and clips, just go for it, its not difficult at all. (15 min)

Can you get it to go back on the same way and look the same?

Def buddy, there really is only one way for it to go one, you have to make all the holes align. It has a very modern mounting system for being a 16 year old vehicle. It'll go straight on and off, i did mine by myself and it didnt take long at all, it would def. help to have a second set of hands though.

Got them in.

Wasn't hard but my bumper support thing is kinda messed up, my fender on the passenger side is dented and off wack, and the bumper cover is cracked and not too hot. Looks decent from a distance but man those headlights made a huge difference.

I swapped all of the 194 lights with LED's. ultraviolet (purple) ring and city light, and ice white triple LED bar at the top.

Those lights are looking good! Reminds me of the Demon Eyes which is on most BMWs now. ;) They even used to offer demon eyes for certain Lexus models, but as far as I can remember they only offered it for the IS300. <_<

Got them in.

Wasn't hard but my bumper support thing is kinda messed up, my fender on the passenger side is dented and off wack, and the bumper cover is cracked and not too hot. Looks decent from a distance but man those headlights made a huge difference.

I swapped all of the 194 lights with LED's. ultraviolet (purple) ring and city light, and ice white triple LED bar at the top.

Ya'll damaged it taking it off??? Mine just about flopped off once i got all the clips undone, just putting it back on was difficult, the alignment and all.

So my low beams have condensation in them now.....

check how well the gasket around the highbeam made a seal, they dont leak through the lens, but the breather tube on the back can let some in if the condensation can get past the headlight. If its not sealing well, use some insulation tape and close that gap up.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have updated information on how these Halo Projector Headlights purchased have held up after a few years of use?

1. Have they leaked or cracked?

2. Do the front lenses remain clear of have they become foggy?

3. Are all the lights still functioning?

Ect, Ect, Ect....

Any information would be great!

Thanks!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Well here they are guys, the much demanded pics! I couldnt get a pic of the halos at night they are just so VIBRANT, but let me tell you they look AMAZING!!! Wanna talk about an absolute head turner. Even in broad daylight they are visible! Enjoy ya'll.

DSCI0297.jpg

DSCI0298.jpg

DSCI0299.jpg

DSCI0300.jpg

DSCI0302.jpg

Well worth the money if you ask me!

WOW!! I was thinking about getting those...i saw them on ebay for like $240 shipped...how much did you pay??

• 2 weeks later...