Nash Auto - Positive Used Car Experience Here

I bought a 2006 Lexus GS430 from www.nashauto.com 4 weeks ago. Paid about $31,000 for car with 27k miles on it.

They're an independent dealer and they go to the same auctions that Official Lexus dealers go to get their used cars.

I visited multiple Lexus dealers - Cerritos, Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, Westminster.

All in all, these guys get their used cars from the same source.

It took me 3 weeks to buy because I'm a very thoughtful person when spending big money.

I ended up buying from Nash Auto, because their prices were lower than all the dealers by 5k-10k.

I think only Westminster could match the price but that was on a car that had 68k miles on it.

The salespeople were pretty low pressure. There's only 2 or 3 of them. To test drive the cars, they photocopied my license and let me drive off on my own. I didn't have someone talking in my ear as I was trying to evaluate the car.

In the end, I saved a LOT of money and I think the vehicles are equal quality to the ones you'd find at the official Lexus lots.

I was acctually put off my the Newport Beach Lexus btw - the salesman I was talking to there lied about the car I was looking at. Claimed that it was completely local, when car fax clearly showed it was mostly driven in Colorado!!!!

Anyways, give them a look if you're interested.

• 3 weeks later...

I just spoke with one of their sales associates today about a Lexus vehicle. They do carry some cars that are at or below market price. However, you will have to research the vehicles thoroughly as they do carry lemon cars that have been released back out in the market (including the one i inquired today). But in their defense not all lemon cars are problem cars.

here is a negative review from one user:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/nash-auto-costa-mesa

Either way, i will go there to check them out. They seem to carry a wide range of Toyota/Lexus cars.

I bought a 2006 Lexus GS430 from www.nashauto.com 4 weeks ago. Paid about $31,000 for car with 27k miles on it.

They're an independent dealer and they go to the same auctions that Official Lexus dealers go to get their used cars.

I visited multiple Lexus dealers - Cerritos, Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, Westminster.

It took me 3 weeks to buy because I'm a very thoughtful person when spending big money.

I ended up buying from Nash Auto, because their prices were lower than all the dealers by 5k-10k.

I think only Westminster could match the price but that was on a car that had 68k miles on it.

The salespeople were pretty low pressure. There's only 2 or 3 of them. To test drive the cars, they photocopied my license and let me drive off on my own. I didn't have someone talking in my ear as I was trying to evaluate the car.

In the end, I saved a LOT of money and I think the vehicles are equal quality to the ones you'd find at the official Lexus lots.

I was acctually put off my the Newport Beach Lexus btw - the salesman I was talking to there lied about the car I was looking at. Claimed that it was completely local, when car fax clearly showed it was mostly driven in Colorado!!!!

I just spoke with one of their sales associates today about a Lexus vehicle. They do carry some cars that are at or below market price. However, you will have to research the vehicles thoroughly as they do carry lemon cars that have been released back out in the market (including the one i inquired today). But in their defense not all lemon cars are problem cars.

here is a negative review from one user:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/nash-auto-costa-mesa

Either way, i will go there to check them out. They seem to carry a wide range of Toyota/Lexus cars.

Yeah, gotta do car fax searches. Some are, some aren't.

They were pretty honest and forward about which ones were dealer buy backs, and some of the buy backs were astonishing - people returned cars that lost that "new car smell" and such.

I should do a counter review to that guy on yelp! though. The sales people are low pressure (maybe too low), but I like that they just threw me the keys and let me test drive on my own. I think that guy's review was the ONLY review I could find, and he wasn't even a customer in the end, so I would take it with a grain of salt.